Dark Modern aesthetic animes??

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

/fa/ggot here, completely new to anime are there any that have any kind of dark, modern, fashionable aesthetic?

reccs. appreciated

idontknow
idontknow

jin-roh

SniperWish
SniperWish

/r/

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Boku no Pico (ぼくのぴこ Boku no Piko, lit. Pico's Deconstruction) is a is a critically acclaimed and award-winning OVA series produced in 2006 by Madhouse (Hellsing Ultimate, Death Note, Paranoia Agent, The Animatrix), written by Hiromu Arakawa (Fullmetal Alchemist) and directed by Nakamura Kenji (Big O, Serial Experiments Lain, Mononoke). The series consists of three episodes, as well as a one-shot manga chapter, an upcoming computer game and a video compilation of the highly acclaimed music by Yoko Kanno, The Pillows and a bonus video with the ED by Kalafina. Because of the high cost of producing anime, the characters and contents were intensively product-tested before production began. The series explores several philosophical concepts including existentialism, loneliness, and the struggle humans experience while growing up in an ever changing world.

The series also references battles from wars like the Anglo-Spanish wars and the Franco-Prussian wars.

Despite it having certain adult content hidden, it's actually an enjoyable watch for everyone, kids included, and it can be described as a light hearted series despite it having so much military content. The ending is considered bittersweet and mind-blowing by the critics and most of the fanbase.

idontknow
idontknow

Black Lagoon is pretty nice if you're into that.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

itt fucking spoonfeeding niggers
@BunnyJinx
global rule 16 nigger

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@BunnyJinx
Just watch Death Note and then leave. Seriously. Almost all anime is complete garbage. The Japanese absolutely have to watch cutesy moe moe garbage and nothing else. They're also terrible at comedy.

RavySnake
RavySnake

@Poker_Star
almost all anime is complete garbage

posting on the anime section of a mongolian knitting board

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@BunnyJinx
Lucky Star and Yuru Yuri are must sees for the genre

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@RavySnake
Please, don't tell me you watch all the trending anime because you enjoy it. You watch it because you want to be able to discuss with the rest of Sheeky Forums.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@StrangeWizard
I watch the airing anime I find entertaining and then sigh in disappointment every time I come to Sheeky Forums expecting some fragment of its former self in terms of legitimate discussion. If you think anyone comes here for discussion you probably have brain problems like any other memer shitstain.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Pupa

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@BunnyJinx
Fuck off and kill yourself, disgusting retard.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@CouchChiller
legitimate discussion in a recommendation thread

Are you retarded? Just take @Poker_Star
and @idontknow
then commit suicide together.

RavySnake
RavySnake

@StrangeWizard
I don't discuss anything currently ongoing with Sheeky Forums because those threads are always shit all the time. And I watch more old anime than new.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@RavySnake
wow get a load of this guy he watches old anime

JunkTop
JunkTop

probably tylo be chillin

askme
askme

@CouchChiller
hurr lejidimet diskushon
im tru oldfag and i know for sure that Sheeky Forums was at one point full of pseudo-intellectual anime experts who loved to talk about CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
and definitely was never an endless cycle of meme regurgitation i swear CODE GEASS SUNDAYS were the pinnacle of high quality anime debates
i wish these /a/utists had a tenth of my intelligence, we would talk about CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT and GOOD DIRECTION all day long

inb4 "who are you quoting?"

TreeEater
TreeEater

@askme
cool 9gag arrows

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

I just wanted some /fa/ reccs man not a shitstorm

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@askme
Except people actually did discuss symbolism and thematic elements of shows before it became another excuse to memepost, I mean, really, who are you quoting here? Sheeky Forums sucks dick now worse than it ever did thanks to contrarian sperglords like you repopulating it every time someone posts a webm on another board

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Is being an anime effay?

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@Fuzzy_Logic
fam

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content