Okay, this is by far the best arc in Monogatari so far

w8t4u
w8t4u

Okay, this is by far the best arc in Monogatari so far.

It's on a completely different level.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

/a/thread/130165668#p130165668

askme
askme

I liked it because she got out of the harem and found a purpose in life different than chasing after MC's cock, that's way too rare in haremshit anime so I can dig it.

That said, first 12 episodes of Bakemonogatari are an insurmountable masterpiece that nothing will ever top, so it's not the best arc.

Inmate
Inmate

@w8t4u
Why is her hair made of noodles?

Flameblow
Flameblow

@Inmate
It's made of snakes.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@askme
first 12
But some of the best parts of the first season are near the end.

In all honesty, I think the best arc of all is Mayoi Snail.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

I don't watch these so
what the fuck is the conflict
is it just every girl lusting heavily over Araragi's dick forever?

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@kizzmybutt
Yes. What did you expect from a self insert pedophilia harem animu show?

There are better things to watch.

Anyway OP, agree, Snake and Kaiki was the best thing out of this show.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@kizzmybutt
what the fuck is the conflict
Generally the girls get in a predicament involving one powerful supernatural entity or another. Araragi then helps them out of it while getting the shit beaten out of him. There are a few powerful humans who get involved as antagonists too.

whereismyname
whereismyname

@kizzmybutt
It's for funny banter and cute girls.

Flameblow
Flameblow

@askme

She never even loved him in the first place. It was a lie.

StonedTime
StonedTime

@askme
nadeko snake
masterpiece
Well someone has shit taste.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@w8t4u
it is and its not because of her its because of Kaiki
crow is indeed a best.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@kizzmybutt
cute girls have mental problems that manifest as oddities.

likme
likme

@kizzmybutt
Harem, marry go around style, one arc for each girl then BTFO and never getting any screen time again, coupled with fan service. The regular garbage things. People only like it cause master studio shaft is animating it, if it was any other studio, no one would remember it. Avoid.

Emberburn
Emberburn

@likme
never getting any screen time again

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@Stupidasole

It's because of Kaiki and her. Medusa was also a great arc.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@likme

So you never watched it. Okay.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@kizzmybutt
The world it's set in is such that stories and legends shared among groups of people breed real actual monsters that prey on people with imbalanced mental states. Emotional problems physically manifest themselves as supernatural phenomena.

The second and third seasons introduce the larger problem of the spiritual imbalance in the local town caused by an empty shrine of a forgotten snake god religion acting as a spiritual whirlpool, coupled with the naturally oddity-gathering tendencies of a certain uber-powerful vampiress who decided to visit the city, causing big trouble.

The MC was turned by that vampiress and then through a messy conflict (not animated) he drains her of her power and becomes her keeper. Then through a couple other messy circumstances (some not animated yet) he inadvertently gets wedged into a precarious balance.

The powers-that-be don't want him around because his powers make him a huge risk, but they can't get rid of him either or they also risk destroying the world.

Playboyize
Playboyize

@CodeBuns

It's basically Touhou mixed with WoD.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@Emberburn
@BunnyJinx
Defending muh self insert harem show
Irrelevant cameo time = No screen time
Stay wrong and triggered if you want, I will go and enjoy a more fun show.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Is it just me or Kaiki really likes her by the end of the arc? I hope they meet again.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Carnalpleasure
Irrelevant cameo
more fun show.

takes2long
takes2long

@Carnalpleasure
Irrelevant cameo time

Every girl got like 3 arcs each. You are just a retard.

cum2soon
cum2soon

@CodeBuns
Also there's a 2nd show going on at the same time, where there actually aren't any monsters and the supernatural stuff is just cover for teenage angst and mental illness.

massdebater
massdebater

@takes2long
Every girl got like 3 arcs each
That's not even the point. The "irrelevant" cameos were fucking relevant to the arc itself.

Skullbone
Skullbone

@CodeBuns
Mate. I like this series, but let us be honest here. Is a fucking harem show. People watch it because of the girls, nobody gives two cents about that LN shit, it doesn´t even explain that well in the story.

MC meets girl, she have a super natural problem, he helps, she likes him, repeat ad nauseam.

Supergrass
Supergrass

@cum2soon
teenage angst and mental illness.
actual reason I like this show.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@askme
first paragraph
I verily agree with you.

second paragraph
Nope. I like Second Season, Hana, and Nise better.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@Skullbone

It never was a harem. First girl wins in the first arc. That's it. She stays his girlfriend til the very end.

Just because there is a guy and a bunch of girls does not mean that it's a harem. Araragi isn't even the main character in many arcs.

DeathDog
DeathDog

@Skullbone
He asked what the conflict was, I told him. A lot of that is still to come in the third season yet to be animated.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@Supergrass
just watch yahari if you want teenage angst. second season is not shaft pretty, but is pretty nonetheless.

Snarelure
Snarelure

@TalkBomber
It never was a harem.
Fuck off.
What @CodeBuns
is right, but there are a bunch of girls that want a guys dick.

@GoogleCat
I can't stand Yahari for some reason. I like the mental illness aspect better anyways.

Inmate
Inmate

@TalkBomber
I want to believe, user. But I can't erase the fact that he's getting intimate and ecchi with other girls. It's like telling that Highschool DxD isn't a harem because Issei was taken by Rias.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@TalkBomber
monogatari not harem
Not often you see people deny that. Does it being labeled harem somehow devalue the series? Tough luck mate, is a harem. And that what makes this show alive. You think the troubled characters being lads would sell? Think again. People look forward to seeing new girls added to the harem.

5mileys
5mileys

@cum2soon
It's fun to try to squeeze Monogatari into that perspective box, but the abstraction leaks. How could Araragi have smashed the steel gym storage door? How do you explain Senjougahara's weight problem and its sudden unexplained resolution? Is snail real or not? Araragi and Hanekawa both interact with her. What about the house entranceway that Yotsugi smashed? Or the shrine that Nadeko obliterated?

Evilember
Evilember

@TalkBomber
5+ girls lusting after your dick is not harem? You do not need TWGOK level of harem (10+). dont be a denialfag.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@Snarelure
I can't stand Yahari for some reason.
Finally I found one user that feels the same with me.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@CouchChiller
i see the hate train is going now that is the most popular romance show this year (all the sites love and praise it, ln selling like butter in sunshine, girls winning waifu polls).

whereismyname
whereismyname

@Inmate

Bake never even suggests a harem end. Gahara won and that's it.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@whereismyname
What does the possibility of harem end have to do with the series being a harem? Harem end is the damn rare exception.

eGremlin
eGremlin

@Snarelure
@Inmate
@VisualMaster
@Evilember

Even fucking MAL knows better than you guys. Shame on you.

It was never a harem.

FastChef
FastChef

@w8t4u
This.
I think Second Season is a 9/10 just because of that Arc and Tsubasa Tiger wasn't bad either

Booteefool
Booteefool

@eGremlin
MAL

fuck off

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@w8t4u
the best arc in Monogatari so far
That would be Koyomi Vamp. Always was, always will be.

Read it in Japanese and will read it again once the Vertical translation gets here. Also gonna give a copy to my nephew, he's loved the series so far.

So how about that adaptation, guys? Coming real soon, isn't it?

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@eGremlin
MAL
Showing a source that can be edited
Everyone tells him is a harem yet he still goes into finger-in-ear-lala-land

You are definitely triggered. I guess you think it being harem makes it less respectful, tough luck lad.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@whereismyname
A lot of harem doesn't suggest harem end. Harem end is pretty rare actually.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@eGremlin
You can login and edit more or less everything. Monofags on MAL is very much like you, hate it being labeled harem. Most people dont care about their autism. But jesus fuck. Harem show it is.

askme
askme

@w8t4u
I agree op its because of best girl. I seriously hate Nadeko.

Evilember
Evilember

@StrangeWizard
No, I've disliked 1st season since it aired. Zoku is better imo, it portray more human side of Hachiman.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@LuckyDusty

Like if opinions matter. Bake was never officially categorized as harem.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@askme
I seriously hate Nadeko.

Shit taste.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@eGremlin
MAL
How Sheeky Forums has fallen.

I remember Nisemonogatari had ecchi tag until half a year ago and now it's already gone.

Flameblow
Flameblow

Are people really arguing if it's a harem or not? Granted it's not your average harem but it still is one.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

How would you fuck each girl?

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@Boy_vs_Girl

I want Nadeko to violently rape me.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Those two snakes that raped her in the first arc, she actually made them herself didn't she?

5mileys
5mileys

@Dreamworx
Like if opinions matter, yet replying
Wikipedia
MAL and now Wikipedia? Have you ever written a paper that is not about what your dreams and hopes as a eight years old are?

Figure out why people in this thread are laughing at you.

MPmaster
MPmaster

@Methnerd
Fags got to protect their avant-garde show. Can´t even keep a straight face writing that.

Top kek

girlDog
girlDog

@Boy_vs_Girl
Tenderly love Mayoi.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

@CodeBuns
Mayoi Snail
That park
That music
That Shenjougahara
Gotta agree man, fucking love that arc. Second favorite is that Ep. 12
Only negative is the OP, my least favorite out of all of them.

WebTool
WebTool

@Boy_vs_Girl
I would marry Nadeko and have a wide variety of sexual encounters with her ranging from tender and romantic to kinky and rough. Not in love with any of the others, so I don't care.

w8t4u
w8t4u

@GoogleCat
The second season is also shit.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@Poker_Star
Nise is understandable, but Second Season isn't better than Bake unless SHAFT redid it completely for the BDs.

whereismyname
whereismyname

@w8t4u
24/7 BTB threads on Sheeky Forums for 5+ months straight, Topping LN charts, second highest rated show this year, all the facts disagree.

iluvmen
iluvmen

@whereismyname
Yahari fanbase has been huge ever since the first season, and even Yu Gi Oh Arc V has "24/7 BTB threads"

Yahari topped the kono rainobe ga sugoi thing before S2 was a thing.

Second highest rated show according to whom?

In any case, even with QUALITY and rushing, S1 was better than S2, and none do any justice to the LNs.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@Methnerd
Second Season isn't better than Bake
second season has better writing than Bake.

Supergrass
Supergrass

@Dreamworx
Yes, but Shaft didn't do as great a job on it.

So unless the BDs changed a lot, it didn't top anything that came before of after it, despite the fact that the source material was better.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@w8t4u
This is most definitely because Kaiki is best girl. No other reason. Simply Kaiki.

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content