Eko dying early on
Locke dying instead of being the end boss
some japanese sage sitting in a temple being wise

why did it have to jump the shark?

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@Inmate
jesus how did they fuck up so badly?
Locke and Eko dying trigger me the most but while the death of Eko came because of the actor playing him leaving(I think), Locke's death was pure fucking up

takes2long
takes2long

@Inmate
Stop watching when the hatch blows up and you get all of that shit gone while experiencing the peaks of the show

FastChef
FastChef

@askme
Material applications
Material applications of what?

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@StrangeWizard
the death of Eko came because of the actor playing him leaving
this really upsets me for some reason. what kind of cunt signs up for playing a role in a big tv show and then decides that it's not to his liking and quits after 1 season? He wouldn't even come back for the finale.

They should have recast him desu

idontknow
idontknow

@Inmate
I will never not be upset that there were no answers and I wasted years of my life and hundreds of dollars on this trash

Firespawn
Firespawn

@idontknow
you are fucking stupid

FastChef
FastChef

@takes2long
season 2 was the peak imo. all around fantastic with plot surrounding the button, the introduction of Linus, Desmond and Eko.
Psalm 21 is a fantastic episode too.

Lunatick
Lunatick

@StrangeWizard
jesus how did they fuck up so badly?
they didnt, Lost was excellent from start to finish. Im sorry your idea of the show didnt pan out. But they had to pick a direction to go.

farquit
farquit

@Firespawn
I know, smart people would never have been fooled by lost in the first place

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

I'm not mad about the ending, which I thought was perfectly fine. But how they got there? idk senpai, all the time travel bullshit, island moving and first civilization bullfuckery just ruined it for me.

JunkTop
JunkTop

@Inmate

Eko Dying was easily the worst part of the show. He was just such an excellent character both in concept and execution. A shame the actor hated being on the show so much.

MPmaster
MPmaster

@FastChef
SEASON 2
PEAK
are you FUCKING serious?
fuck your contrarian shit.

half the season is wasted on tailies who are ALL killed off and became completely irrelevant once the camps united
charlie becomes an annoying twat
its a charlie baptizes the baby episode

season 1 and 5 are far the best and most coherent. season 3 has the best high points.

takes2long
takes2long

@JunkTop
A shame the actor hated being on the show so much.
it's beyond me why they couldn't recast a character so essential to the plot.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Inmate
Why wasn't Jacob just some time travelling mastermind instead? They already established time travel in season 5, and they hinted at it long before that. So why not go that route? At least that would have given an answer to how he knew things. The origin episode makes no sense at all and is just a bunch of nonsense thrown together.

If he'd have been Faraday 2.0 I would have honestly been fine with it. Some megalomaniac that had the ability to jump back and forth in time.

Obviously there would have to be more to it than that, but at least take that path when it came to how he achieved what he did.

Emberburn
Emberburn

I liked the show but it doesn't matter anymore when it became undeniable that they didn't really have story but made it up as they went along. Alcatraz was even more insulting because they tried to do it another time.

And the actors all just wanted to live on Hawaii and phoned it in.

TechHater
TechHater

@MPmaster
not being a contrarian here, the parts you pointed out annoyed me too.
But I really enjoyed the button subplot and Ben Linus sowing dissent among the Losties' leaders.
S2 also introduced Desmond and Eko, which I both like a lot.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@FastChef
You're crazy. Season 2 was a big misstep full of awful filler that was perked up to look important when it never lead to anything or served the story any purpose whatsoever.

Season 2 introduced some of the best lore to the entire show. But the season is highly flawed and drags on so much.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@kizzmybutt
BECAUSE IT WAS ALL BULLSHIT AND NOTHING WAS SUPPOSED TO MAKE SENSE!!

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@askme
No.
It just usually boils down to crybabies crying about the ending and the fact that the show actually bothered to progress beyond its initial status quo.

It's a fantastic show tarnished by its awful fanbase.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@Dreamworx
It's a fantastic show tarnished by its awful writing in the later seasons.
there you go

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

The season 5 ending is honestly a better note to go out on than the 6th season was. It quite literally came full circle and had it ended on the white flash, we'd have to make up our own mind of what happened, if they landed safely and no crash happened, or if they caused the incident that lead them to crash in the first place.

It's not the best ending ever, but I'd take that over that church shit.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@Lunatick
But they had to pick a direction to go.

shame they then had to change it seventeen times

Flameblow
Flameblow

@Lunatick
But they had to pick a direction to go.
if only it wasn't the time travelling, magic first civilization direction

iluvmen
iluvmen

so it turned out that he was just a vehicle for the MiB, which is lame. What would you rather have had him be?

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@Fried_Sushi
I have no problem with letting the watcher decide how to interpret the events of a show within certain boundaries, or if you are honest about it being pointless besides that, but at least I want to know the writer thought about the meaning himself and that there's a reasoning behind whatever happened. Even if I'm not told directly. Just making things up without any thought at all, or rather them pretending that there's some meaning or final pay off when there isn't, is the insulting part. Fuck them!

They were all in limbo is just one step above it was all a dream. Lazy as shit. And Abrams the little weasel knew it from the beginning, that's why he left the sinking ship in time.

idontknow
idontknow

@iluvmen
I wanted him to be an angel.

TreeEater
TreeEater

I wish the 1970s Dharma storyline was a full season. Waste no time with all the jumping around in time that they did for the first half and just send them straight to the 70s and show us them living with the dharma folk of the time. Give more time to build up the existence of the Swans building site, The Orchid, other dharma experiments, get some good episode that is set around the production of one of the orientation videos that Pierre Chang stars in, I know we got a little of that but not enough.

Honestly it was the best part of season 5 and it just didn't last long enough.

Emberburn
Emberburn

@Raving_Cute
They were all in limbo
but they weren't. everything that happened was real, except for the flash sideways. How many times have we been over this?

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Emberburn
So where did they go at the end when the church closed the doors?

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@kizzmybutt
'they moved on'
yes, the flash sideways showed them ina limbo-state of being, but that was only after all the island stuff already happened. which si why they remember it at the end.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

time travel
Glad I noped the fuck out of LOST, I hear it turned into quite the shitshow

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content