English Dubbed Anime

Flameblow
Flameblow

There has been a lot of "English Dubs" hate stirring up recently. But no matter how many of these "dub hating" people I ask, the only reasons they can come up with as to why they hate English Dubs, are something along these lines:
They sound stupid
Same voice actors
Because it's not as good as the subs
Shitty quality
Pretty shit reasons if you ask me.

Can you actually come up with 3 different reasons as to why you dislike/think English Dubbing sucks? Or come up with any reason at all?

MPmaster
MPmaster

There has been a lot of "English Dubs" hate stirring up recently.
Rightfully so, fuck off.

farquit
farquit

@Flameblow
How is 'shitty quality' not a good enough reason? Never mind. You're fucking retarded.

Everybody carry on.

w8t4u
w8t4u

My problem is that a lot of them have mediocre actors and scripts that could improvements.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@MPmaster
Oh and that's not a recent thing, it was always there but some retarded newfags thought it was an acceptable topic and made threads about it which lasted far too long. Again, fuck off.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@MPmaster
@farquit
I love how you come here just to give your butthurt opinions. Stop trying to fit in.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Aren't the voice actors chosen by the crew working on the anime?

FastChef
FastChef

English dub directors are incompetent. And I hope kissanime stays down forever even if it means more threads like these just to spite you underage faggots.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@Poker_Star
You just gave me cancer.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

recently
Saged.

girlDog
girlDog

shitty quality
shit reason
Classic /co/

askme
askme

The main reasons dubs arent very good, is because they dont have the directing by the people who direct the anime itself, so some of the vision is lost.

Also, it will always be awkward how they stretch and change lines to either fir the translation ("Big Bro!") or the length someone was talking

idontknow
idontknow

@Flameblow
the 3 most important reasons to dislike dubs are already listed
doesn't understand why dubs are hated
You're fucking retarded.

TreeEater
TreeEater

I think its mainly that for a long time, the lion's share of dubs really did fucking suck. It feels to me like the average quality has gone up for shows, but there's still a lot of pretty bad sounding dubs popping up. Not to mention that a single shitty sounding character can really ruin it.

In the end, its much easier to blanket hate dubs in general and watch something with a much higher chance of good voice acting as a whole. Not to mention subs nearly always come out sooner.

Skullbone
Skullbone

@askme
But on that note, that doesnt mean there arent good dubs, its just that they are rare and take a lot of time.

And taking a lot of time is not something companies want to do alot unless they really need it to (like it airing on TV and stuff)

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@Flameblow
American English does not sound good
The American voice actors are bad at voice acting
The Japanese voice actors are better.
Watching stuff with it's original language is the best, it doesn't matter if it's liveaction or animation.

Also, see @MPmaster

Lunatick
Lunatick

Not a bad idea. But still.

iluvmen
iluvmen

@MPmaster
Nice dubs you've got through.

Please check mine too.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Flameblow
Pretty shit reasons if you ask me
No one asked you and even if you think those are shit reasons then you need to get out.

JunkTop
JunkTop

@Poker_Star
Problem is, there's a hell lot more of these newfags now that Dragon ball's airing again.

askme
askme

@JunkTop
There will always be a series airing that attracts them, 2 years ago it was KlK, now it's Dragon Ball and soon we'll get fucking SnK where Sheeky Forums will be completely insufferable. Just make sure to call them out and report their shit posts.

Inmate
Inmate

@Flameblow
By this logic, dubbing is equally fine if you just pass a translated script over one of those text-to-voice software, no?

Snarelure
Snarelure

Daily reminder that most of English dub voice actors haven't been to any university or college

Flameblow
Flameblow

The most recent English dubs I watched were Gangsta (one episode) and Space Dandy (whole show). FUNi actually did a pretty good job with Space Dandy, and Ian Sinclair was a good fit for the lead.

Then I hear the same Ian Sinclair voice Worick in Gangsta, and it's a fucking piece of shit. Why? Because not only is it the same voice actors all the time, they also can't vary their voice and tone. Sometimes they do a good job and it fits, sometimes they royally fuck up. So it's not like dubs are all bad, they are very inconsistent. And often a single voice actor's bad performance can drag down the whole dub.

I had the same problem when watching Rebuild of Evangelion dubbed. Characterization was fucked up and inconsistent between movies. Didn't help that Shinji's voice actor is mostly known for being on American Dad here, so I had to fight to get those images out of my head too.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@askme
It's too late and it doesn't work anymore. There's way too many of them to /a/nons now. And mods don't even give a shit about that stuff anymore. I've seen it many times now: the user who called them out on that shit was the one who got mocked instead. These guys are now the Narutards of current Sheeky Forums.

girlDog
girlDog

1. The voices suck is a perfectly valid reason.
2. The Americans are obsessed with mouth flaps and will rewrite dialogue to fit that. It makes already stupid lines sound even stupider.
3. They can't pronounce Japanese names to save their lives.
4. The American voice actors are far beneath the original in acting skills. They have, at most, 2 voices, unless they're like JYB and only have one.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@Dreamworx
Don't stop, we've lost once we accept/tolerate their shit. Go and call out faggots like OP or this retard /a/thread/130299396#p130299396 or any new namefag/tripfap and don't let any responses stop you, you're doing the right thing.

w8t4u
w8t4u

@Flameblow
1. Voices don't match the character don't sync with lip movement or the VA is just shit

2.Editing things out or in that were not apart of the original product and

3.Changing the way a character acts or what they say to make the show more friendly with normalfags

likme
likme

@Dreamworx
At least we had a huge public lynching yesterday against streamfags. But regardless, if you stop calling people out, they've won. Never stop, user.

Evilember
Evilember

@Flameblow
recently
I'll condense the OP for you
I'm super fucking new

Get /out/

Firespawn
Firespawn

@Snarelure
bruh...

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@w8t4u
And I'm not saying dubs can't be good but face it a good 90% of them are trash.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@w8t4u
who told you to watch kid's anime

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@Flameblow
Because it's not as good as the subs
Shitty quality

Pretty valid reasons

Anime isn't as popular in the west. As a result, anime in the west doesn't get as much of a budget. Typically resulting in poorer voice quality. Makes sense.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@Dreamworx
Pretty much this.

I rarely come here now since the board is filled with casuals and normalfags.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@Flameblow
if Sheeky Forums thinks dubs are bad, just fucking let them

farquit
farquit

original VAs are chosen from a much more talented pool
original VAs are reading the script as intended by the creator
American accents are annoying
Reading subs is just a part of watching anime (this one is more of a personal preference, but whatever)

iluvmen
iluvmen

@Boy_vs_Girl
You fuck off to the shithole you came from too.

Firespawn
Firespawn

@Flameblow
recently

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@Boy_vs_Girl
Why not just find a community that actually like dubs instead of forcing a community that doesn't like it to accept it?

And you know what? It goes both ways. Fuck you dub shitters.

Soft_member
Soft_member

@iluvmen
just saying, theres no point changing someone opinion if their head so far up their ass

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Crazy_Nice
as long we talk about the same anime and the same story who care

Emberfire
Emberfire

something being inferior to something else is not a good reason to prefer the latter thing

This is why people hate dubtards. The only good dubs are those on an imageboard.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@Soft_member
@Bidwell
Fuck off.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@Flameblow
bad quality
bad voice acting
subpar scripts
not valid reasons
Were you dropped on your head as a baby?

Nojokur
Nojokur

@Bidwell
fuck off

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content