Seitokai no Ichizon LN Summaries

Bidwell
Bidwell

In my selfish desire to discuss this series with someone, I'm back once again to provide LN Summaries of the last few volumes.

So if anyone still cares about Seitokai no Ichizon, here you go.

Summaries of previous volumes:
https://archive.org/a/thread/128153896/
https://archive.org/a/thread/130063998/

I'll start from where the last thread left off last time, ask me anything you want to know about the series.

All urls found in this thread:
https://archive.org/a/thread/128153896/
https://archive.org/a/thread/130063998/
New_Cliche
New_Cliche

I'm mostly just curious about the events of the final volumes in general.

eGremlin
eGremlin

Starting from where I left off last thread, the student council has left/graduated, Ken is left with a new student council to grow the harem. The third to last volume ends with identifying Hokuto Kagami, the treasurer for the new student council as the "last boss" out to destroy Ken's harem.

The second to last volume starts with Ken conquering Hinomori Touko. Touko is a fujoshi who wears a mask and wig at school because she's so beautiful that anyone who looks at her face will fall in love with her, and she finds it bothersome. She refuses to join the student council, and schedules a date with Ken to show him exactly why.

While they're together at the amusement park Ken witnesses Touko's beauty destroying the relationships of every couple they walk by. They run into Saionji and Runa while they're there, and Touko sees how good their relationship with Ken is, so she's even more discouraged from going to the student council because she's afraid of destroying that relationship as well. It turns out that she once hurt her best friend because her best friend's boyfriend fell in love with her appearance, so she distanced herself from everyone. Ken says that she must be a kind person, since she broke off her ties by herself, and that she must be proud of the beauty she inherited from her grandmother who raised her. She joins the student council because Ken offers it as a place to be herself and not hide under her disguises, and because Ken resolved her sense of guilt about her beauty, saying that anyone whose lives are ruined by falling in love with her isn't her responsibility, but the responsibility of the person themselves.

whereismyname
whereismyname

@New_Cliche
Yeah, that's what I'll be summarizing. The final volumes are weird because 2/3 of them are with new characters, but Ken is still Ken and the old student council shows up once in a while, especially the last volume where the old and new characters meet the other half of the harem.

@eGremlin
Now only one person is missing from completing the new student council, final boss Hokuto Kagami. She promised to join once everyone else was there, but she seems to regret the decision and is now actively avoiding the student council. Kazami (journalism club president who's been helping Ken) shows up with new info, that Hokuto was best friends with Ken's ex Asuka. Ken tells the student council the info that Hokuto is the enemy out to destroy the student council, and phones Asuka to ask for info once everyone has left.

When he's preparing to leave, Hokuto opens the door surprising him. Hokuto mentions Asuka's name in conversation, and Ken goes panic mode, thinking she heard his phone conversation, then he realizes it's a trap Hokuto set to gauge his reaction to see how much he knows about her. Seeing that Ken is onto her, she confesses that she hates Ken and all he stands for, and is plotting to destroy the harem from within. When questioned why, Hokuto unexpectedly invites Ken to a family dinner.

SniperWish
SniperWish

@Bidwell
Oh man here we go. You're fantastic as always OP.

askme
askme

@Bidwell
Thank you based OP.

Flameblow
Flameblow

@whereismyname
Ken and Hokuto arrive at a fancy restaurant to meet with her father, and Ken discovers that Hokuto's father is just like him, a harem lead. Hokuto is the child of his second mistress, and her mother is constantly in a state of depression when her father isn't around (he's only there one or two days every 2 or 3 months) . They live together as mother and child, since Hokuto's mom is estranged from her family due to her decision to be just a mistress. Hokuto's father is a total asshole, treats all his mistresses like shit, and happily admits that he only cares about his own happiness. So when Hokuto heard that Asuka, her best friend at the time, was in love with a harem lead, her sense of justice led her to plot to destroy Ken's harem to save Asuka.

Hokuto's father taunts Ken about them being the same, and although frustrated and angry, Ken can't deny that they are indeed the same type of people. Hokuto's father wants Hokuto and her mom to go live with him since his legal wife and daughter got angry and left. Afterwards, Hokuto mocks Ken about how effective her "suicide attack" was in dissuading his harem seeking, clearly about to cry/vomit in disgust herself.

Ken goes into a deep bout of depression at this, where he questions whether the ideals he's lived by for the past few years are correct, and seeing Hokuto's father as an ugly version of his future self. The new student council gets him back on his feet after saying that his ideals were wrong in the first place, but he's himself only because he still blindly followed them. Ken spends a week trying to convince Hokuto's father's wife to go back to living with him, first finding them then taking the train for 2 hours back and forth every day after school to try and persuade them. When Hokuto and her mom arrive, they're sent back because Hokuto's father's legal wife and daughter just arrived before them. Ken calls an emergency meeting at the school for the student council, and Hokuto also shows up.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@eGremlin
Thanks user. I was waiting for this.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Flameblow
Everyone expects Hokuto to thank them for saving her from having to live with her father, but instead she holds a boxcutter to Ken's neck.

Hokuto: You expected me to thank you for saving me? Yes now I don't have to suffer through living with that guy but you destroyed my mom's only happiness, now I don't have anywhere to return to, since my mom is depressed too now

Runa starts to call the police with the phone she's holding behind her back, but Hokuto says to go ahead and call them since she has nowhere to belong now anyways. Ken tells Runa to back off as Hokuto actually draws blood from Ken's neck. Ken tells Hokuto that she's really kind to a fault, still only caring about her mother's happiness as she was being saved, and her plan to destroy Ken's harem was out of consideration for Asuka as well. Ken tells the girl who is currently drawing blood from his neck with a boxcutter with intent to kill that he loves her and will never let her say she has no place to belong or return to as long as he's around. The other student council members then hand Hokuto an envelope containing a single line of text:
"No matter what you need, Hokuto, we'll be here for you" - Grandma and Grandpa

The student council all contributed to track down Hokuto's estranged grandparents who haven't even ever seen Hokuto since she was born and convinced them to support her. Hokuto breaks down, drops her box cutter and admits she lost, walking away with tears.

Then the next day:
Hokuto:"Senpai is actually really kind apart from the whole harem thing, in fact the more I thought about it, the more I liked senpai. I started to think that senpai is probably my ideal man, not considering the harem thing. But if I joined the harem that would invalidate the philosophy I've followed my whole life, so I've come to the conclusion that I'll take senpai all for myself."

And so Hokuto became a yandere who threatens to kill her friends in the student council when they act intimate with Ken.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@Bidwell
Isn't she the one they call "the strongest rival"?

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@Bidwell
A yandere in the harem huh. How will the old SC react to this?

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@Bidwell
More on Hokuto: she wants to tie Ken's limbs to a bed and take care of feeding him and disposing of his waste. She also gets turned on whenever someone talks about female insects that eat their male partners after mating. She's batshit insane and Ken thinks that he'll still probably need to have a final showdown with her at some point in time, and that she's still his greatest enemy even while in his harem. Other than that, if you want to know what kind of character Hokuto is, she's basically exactly Iroha from Yahari except yandere, down to her "senpai~"s.

@CodeBuns
Nope, that's Kazami Meiku. (jouralism club president) The strongest rival spoiler may have been a tad misleading since the part they're referencing doesn't say anything about strongest rival (then again, I read the official Chink translation so the spoiler could've been right if the Chink translators fucked up massively). The scene in question just has the old and new student council being jealous of each other, then Meiku walks in casually and chats up Ken like an old friend. They're surprised and the line that was in the translation I read said "maybe the one to watch out for is neither the old nor new student council", which more implies that they were just surprised at someone they didn't know about before rather than them thinking Meiku is somehow way closer with Ken. (and to be fair she is quite close with Ken, their relationship is a little bit different from everyone elses' except for Meguru).

Er, I'll explain more in detail in the next post on how close all the girls are with Ken.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@PurpleCharger
Chizuru and Hokuto fling death threats at each other happily while discussing whether the other enjoys murder. Mafuyu agrees with Hokuto's ideal of taking Ken for herself (what the fuck Mafuyu you had no objections to the harem thing a few volumes ago), but of course she won't be violent about it like Hokuto is.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Lord_Tryzalot
Wouldn't Asuka be the strongest rival?

Nojokur
Nojokur

@Lord_Tryzalot
And now, a tier list of how close all the girls are with Ken, for those of you who really care about who "won" (everyone won, just some very very slightly more than others). Keep in mind this is 100% subjective and has tons of personal bias from me, and also that Ken doesn't have any true favourites, he doesn't play favourites. He just has slightly better chemistry with some of them.

Literal Wife Tier

Kazami Meiku
Journalism club president after Lilicia left, Ken's trusted ally and advisor in conquering the new student council. Ken spends the most time with her in his last year, and she's occupies the "best bro" part of Ken's relationships. Ken feels slightly differently about Meiku and Meguru than he does towards everyone else, in that he considers them friends first and lovers second. Still, she's one of the only girls who Ken is embarrassed to shout his love for, and he casually compliments her appearance (which she's embarrassed at, because in universe she's the least attractive of the harem). Meiku also likes to casually state that she likes Ken (ambiguous about how romantic that like is, of course). Ken places more trust in her than mostly anyone else.

Matsubara Asuka
Ken's childhood friend and ex, described by Ken as an evil witch. They have some of the best chemistry together, so much so that Minatsu felt absolutely defeated when she saw them bicker like and old married couple similar to how she bickers with Ken. To this Ken states that it's different from when he bickers with Minatsu because he actually feels real rage and hatred when bickering with Asuka, but Asuka counters with "that means I'm the only one who can bring out your true emotions". She's known Ken the longest and understands him the best, as well as the first girl he fell in love with.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@Nojokur
Keep going OP

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

None of this will ever get adapted
Why even live?

Keep going, OP!

Emberburn
Emberburn

How shitty were that Web episodes? Is MC is still as based as he was in the first season? Keep going OP.

eGremlin
eGremlin

@Nojokur

so none of the original girls are on the literal wife tier?

I miss Chizuru

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@kizzmybutt
There was a spoiler that I've read as well about Kazami Meiku being the "strongest rival", which is what he's referring to. Also they both kind of are, see my post above.

@Nojokur
Admiration Tier

Sakurano Kurimu (Kaichou)
The two girls in this tier hold an intersting place in Ken's heart. He looks up to them more than he holds romantic feelings for them (but of course he does hold romantic feelings for them). Kaichou led him onto the path of the harem, she was the one who created the fun atmosphere of the student council alongside him, and she was the one who told him to look forward and move on as she graduated. Despite her childlike personality traits Ken sees her as perhaps the most mature, and idolizes how she's always able to accomplish anything if she tries her best. Kaichou is like Ken's personal hero.

Saionji Tsukushi (new kaichou)
Same as above, Ken idolizes Saionji's determination, since everything she tries to do is held back by her bad luck. He looks towards both Kaichous (who bother are lolis and mature beyond what their childlike personality traits suggest) for confirmation of his ideals of hard work and moving straight forward.

High Tier

Shiina Minatsu
Filled the role of "Ken's best bro" before Meiku and "old married coulple" when Asuka wasn't around. They're so close that people in their class constantly shout "get married already" in frustration whenever they bicker. They're closer than most others due to being in the same class for a year, and Minatsu is part of Ken's friend group away from the harem.

Akaba Chizuru
Has been promised Ken's virginity (see first thread in the OP). Met Ken while they were both depressed and broken, and looked to each other for comfort. One of the girls who understands Ken the best, since she was in similar emotional states as him. Saw through him within seconds when he was worrying about the new student council. She may tease Ken but he understands that she's really kind and gentle on the inside

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@eGremlin
I too miss her unfiltered pure banter , user

StonedTime
StonedTime

@Bidwell
Thank you based user for the summaries. Seizon is easy to forget about just cause the animes just sort of passed by but was definitely a fun watch and happy to read more about the LN storyline and ending.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@Emberburn
Early episodes were bad because new studio didn't know how to adapt rapid fire humor, later episodes are ok because it adapted the parts where the harem admit to loving Ken. Ken is still badass, I suggest you watch the later episodes if you have time.

@eGremlin
Unfortunate but like I said, highly subjective and there's really not a whole amount of difference. He's just EVER SO SLIGHTLY closer with certain girls. Once again, everyone wins.

@TurtleCat
High Tier(continued)

Uchuu Meguru
Ken's friend and an idol (but she can't sing so...non singing idol, how does she even get work?). Her relationship with Ken started out very antagonistic, since they first met when Ken was still depressed about two timing Ringo and Asuka. Ken describes her as his "natural enemy", and even after she begins to have feelings for Ken he keeps comically misinterpreting her affection as weird forms of bullying or death threats. Like with Meiku, Ken sees her as a friend first and lover second, in fact when confessed to he told her that they should start over from being friends since he can't see her as anything but a friend yet (for more on this staggeringly retarded reply to a confession, read the last thread in the OP). Ken blushes like crazy when out on a date with her, and constantly avoids eye contact.

Mid Tier

Minase Runa
Ken's academic rival, and the coldest Kuudere you'll ever see. I believe the most affectionate thing she's said to Ken is something along the lines of "I've become interested in someone on the student council". She's never actually not insulted Ken brutally in casual conversation, but he's the first person she's held meaningful conversations with, and Ken on his part also felt that they were quite close even before her joining of the student council. She's also possibly one of the girls that Ken is most attracted to physically since Ken constantly says how beautiful her legs are, and he only describes the other girls' beauty in general terms.

Supergrass
Supergrass

@Bidwell
I'm sorry user, I need to sleep now but will you be here tomorrow? Or is this the last volume?
Also, thanks for your summaries.

5mileys
5mileys

@StrangeWizard
This whole series is like "Banter: the LN: the Anime".

@BlogWobbles
Mid Tier(continued)

Shiina Mafuyu
The first to confess her love to Ken out of everyone who wasn't two timed by Ken. Banters between Mafuyu and Ken get a lot more interesting once she opens up and Ken gets to know more of her personality. Ken initially had the impression that Mafuyu was a weak shy girl, but changes his opinion of her to be a strong cheerful girl who just isn't used to strangers. They have good chemistry in their banter where Mafuyu enjoys the "I'll take back my confession" and "I shouldn't have confessed" cards.

Hinomori Touko
Ultra tsundere of the new student council. Almost every line out of her mouth is a stock tsundere line, likes to end sentences with baka. All of this is towards Ken of course, and she's really bad at hiding her affection. Good chemistry when bantering with Ken.

Low Tier

Sugisaki Ringo
Ken's step sister. No, Ken's not a horrible person who doesn't love his little sister, he's just a little confused on whether that love is platonic or romantic. If this were a ranking of who Ken cares about the most, she's at the top no question, but this is about romantic feelings, and so here she is. Recently Ken has started seeing her as a romantic partner, but she's still fairly deep in the imouto zone.

Kagami Hokuto
Batshit insane yandere kouhai. Ken loves her but is scared of her, and also still thinks of her as an enemy. The fact that he'll let this ticking time bomb who at any moment could kill all of his loved ones so close probably says something about how much he loves her, though.

Toudou Lilicia
Poor Lilicia, all the jokes about her are about how irrelevant she is in universe, and she's just as irrelevant in the harem. She gets minimal screentime and development, and most of her interactions with Ken are one sided ones where Lilicia wets her panties at something cool that Ken said. Still, Ken loves her and she's part of the harem.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@5mileys
What about Elise? Does she get progress other than the "when I grow up" thing?

MPmaster
MPmaster

@Supergrass
Last volume summary coming. Just search the archives tomorrow.

@5mileys
Also, list of girls that kissed Ken on screen (Asuka probably has sometime in the past off screen): Minatsu, Chizuru, Meguru

The last volume is more like a collection of side stories, it starts off with a chapter on Chizuru and Kaichou's college lives, where they start a club for the purpose of making sure Kaichou has fun. Next chapter is an online meeting of the old student council, where Chizuru manages to drag everyone into a government security breach and ends up with Ken's house getting raided by the military. Third chapter is Meguru's date with Ken, where she mistakenly thinks Ken isn't interested in a romantic relationship with her because Ken's been trying to hide his attraction to her because of embarrassment. When Meguru suggests they go back to being friends since that's what she thinks Ken wants, Ken shuts her up with a kiss.

Firespawn
Firespawn

@MPmaster
Do all of the girls except for the yandere actually agree to the harem?

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@Stark_Naked
Nope. Elise shows up like once more than what we've seen in the anime. She causes misunderstandings then doesn't show up anymore. She might be in the harem in the future, she might not be, we don't know.

@MPmaster
And the last chapter of the last volume is the old student council meeting with the new student council. Chizuru instantly gets into an argument with Touko, and she's mad because the new members she's seen at that point, Touko and Runa seem really cold to Ken and she's worried about him. Things are ok once Touko takes off her wig and mask and Chizuru enters mokyuu mode because she likes cute things and Touko is cute. Also @Raving_Cute
. Mafuyu and Touko seemed to already be acquainted, as Touko was texting Mafuyu about BL pairings even before this scene. Kaichou actually acts as a second straight man here, playing the only sane man along with Ken. Touko and Minatsu bond with discussing how Ken enjoys getting beaten up.

Then their conversation is interrupted by Magiru sensei reminding the student council that they still had work to do. Ken speaks up saying he already did it yesterday by himself, which prompts everyone to be concerned that he was still being self sacrificing and straining his body. Ken says that it wasn't self sacrifice, but in a way the total opposite, that he just selfishly wanted to watch his loved ones talk happily even if for a second longer. This induces blushes from literally everyone else. At this point Meiku comes in, intending to write an article about the reunion, and Ken suggests they take a picture. Here's where the supposed "strongest rival" part happens, because Ken and Meiku talk casually like old friends, but to me it just seemed like everyone was surprised that there was another girl they didn't know about before. And that's it, the series ends with Meiku and Lilicia who happened to also be visiting being dragged into the conversation and the harem happily talking deep into the night.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@Firespawn
Lilicia doesn't actually agree verbally but she hasn't complained. Minatsu tried to get Ken for herself, failed, then said screw it I planned on going with the harem if it failed anyways. Everyone in the old student council encouraged Ken to keep going with the harem. Mafuyu seems to have changed her mind and wants Ken for herself as of the last volume, but she doesn't actively attack the harem so we can assume she's still ok with it, it's just not her ideal situation. Other than that nobody else has complained knowing Ken's going for the harem end, but there's jealousy here and there.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@Stupidasole
Thanks user. Will you still be making threads after this?

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@Harmless_Venom
As I've finished summarizing everything (ok, not EVERYTHING, there are a lot of side stories with irrelevant characters that don't contribute to the main plot), probably not. If you have any questions about the series ask it now.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@Stupidasole
Wasn't Ken's sister going to the same school as him by the time of the 2nd SC? What does she do during the last few novels?

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@BunnyJinx
Yes, Ringo actually gets 3rd in the popularity vote for student council, but she turns down the position and says she just wants to enjoy the atmosphere that Ken created before maybe doing something for herself in her second year after Ken's gone.

She moves into the apartment next to Ken's, but they usually do everything together including eating dinner and only go to their own rooms for sleeping. She doesn't help much with gathering the student council members except being the first one to come into contact with Touko.

StonedTime
StonedTime

@PurpleCharger
Thanks user.

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content