takes2long
takes2long

Was shirou's way of life wrong?

All urls found in this thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO0ClY0Cu6c#t=1m10s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpZWinrC5j8
Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Just started the show, his ideal seem noble tbh, idk what else happens to him though

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

no
but yours is

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

I think the ideal of wanting to save people is pretty healthy. Willing to throw away your life for others is pretty beautiful

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

IT'S NOT A MISTAKE
IT COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE A MISTAKE!

DeathDog
DeathDog

@Deadlyinx
Leave immediately and don't come back until you finish it.

WebTool
WebTool

If you want to save everyone and are willing to give your life, then you are the one who is not saved. Everyone is not saved if you are not saved.

Discounting yourself as a person is wrong.

Skullbone
Skullbone

@takes2long
The ideal is beautiful but unrealistic. Also the fact that he claims to protect lifes when he doesn't care about his own is hypocritical.

It's just unreal and he will pay the price for following it, said by everyone in every route.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@WebTool
You look at it too logically. The fallacy isn't in whether he would be the one needing to be saved, but the fact that saving everyone is impossible because there will always be "evil"/disorder in human nature as far as we know

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

He's retarded and this entire series is shit.
It's just shounen power-level wankery with, except the faggots here can go "b-b-but it's super insightful, philosophical, and deep!"
In reality it's a fucking eroge. It's not deep or meaningful. Shirou is a dumbfuck.

Ilya is the only thing that excuses the existence of this pile of shit.

Evilember
Evilember

@Deadlyinx
He dies because his conviction isn't strong enough.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@PackManBrainlure
1.26 MB
1920x1080
For what purpose

MPmaster
MPmaster

@PurpleCharger
TOHSAKA'S

ANUS

Bidwell
Bidwell

@PackManBrainlure
Damn blur.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@Deadlyinx
tbh
idk
Fuck back off whatever dudebro board you came from.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@takes2long
he was brave and his ideals shine

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@JunkTop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO0ClY0Cu6c#t=1m10s

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

@takes2long
It was stupid.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

His personality is warped in two major ways.

First, Shirou has no concept of self-worth. He doesn't see his own life or happiness as having any value, so he sacrifices them readily for the sake of others. It's not always so dramatic as laying down his life to defend somebody though. Most of the time it's rather small-time, doing chores for people who ask him, or staying late after school to do maintenance for example. A normal person wouldn't agree to do these things for nothing, but Shirou prioritizes everyone's happiness ahead of his own desires, so if he has no previous engagements with other people he has no basis for refusing even the most tedious favor. This tendency to do whatever people ask is one of the reasons he's thought of as a weirdo at his school.

The second part of his dysfunctional personality is that he doesn't realize how much people care about him. In a sense his negative self-worth has made it impossible to see how his own happiness is important to others. This part of his dysfunction is where his "denseness" comes from. He's oblivious to romantic advances in the sense that he's blind to any kind of affection aimed at him, because understanding that would assign some worth to his own existence, which he fundamentally won't do. It's also why he's so nervous about sexual situations, because those urges go against his concept of having no self-worth. Sexual desire is fundamentally selfish, and it's at a level so base he can't make it fit his morals.

TechHater
TechHater

@takes2long
Who is the autist who thinks making a thread for this shit show must be done daily?

Techpill
Techpill

@PackManBrainlure
Is Rin's ass really that big?

Booteefool
Booteefool

@Techpill

Yes

farquit
farquit

@takes2long
Touma thread? TouMAN thread!

Nice doubles

iluvmen
iluvmen

@BinaryMan

MY DREAM CANT BE WRONG

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

So when are we going to find out about what happens after S/N and HA, rather than having 100 spin offs set around the same time?

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@Harmless_Venom
Nasu never makes direct sequels.

Nojokur
Nojokur

Okay this is probably going to be one of the dumbest, most useless questions you'll read today. Friend knows I used to be into anime and asked me if he should watch Fate/Zero. Said he saw something on Youtube and it looked awesome. Now I know if you start with Zero you're going to be missing out on a lot of stuff, Zero was the only part of this franchise I touched aside from the first few hours of playing through Stay/Night and I only knew a lot of the background information I wouldn't have gotten from being around here so much. Should I have him watch the UBW anime first (I haven't seen it so I can't judge it's quality) or is it fine to go into Zero first with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever? I actually don't know how lost someone would be if they just started watching Zero first off, basically.

girlDog
girlDog

@Harmless_Venom
After Fate and UBW: 10 years later, Waver and Rin journey back to Fuyuki to dismantle the Great Grail for good.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@takes2long
If Kamijou Touma says so, then it merits a little investigating.
Oh wait-

Lunatick
Lunatick

@Nojokur
If he wants the full story the way it was made to be experienced, tell him to read the VN.
Otherwise, he'd be better off watching F/SN UBW then Fate/Zero, though the UBW anime is not designed to be watched without knowledge of the VN's first route.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Lunatick
though the UBW anime is not designed to be watched without knowledge of the VN's first route.
Thanks for that info in particular. VN was obviously the first choice but I'm not sure how that would go, he's a pretty casual anime viewer. I'm sure he'd at least read plot points on a wiki or something though. Thanks for the help.

girlDog
girlDog

The only thing he did wrong was stick his dick into a Rhino.

SniperGod
SniperGod

@Techpill
Yes.

5mileys
5mileys

@takes2long
KONO YUME WA...

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@takes2long
Even in the event that it's wrong, he would have no regrets. It's the only path. His entire life has been Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works™

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@takes2long
His entire moral code is based of the ramblings of a depressed slowly dying edgelord.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@girlDog
Cute pic but
462x654
Step yo game up

RumChicken
RumChicken

@SniperWish
Giant swords
DEEN-tier fuckup right there.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

@girlDog
No, that was very very right.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@RumChicken
For the thousandth time giant swords were a thing in the original novel. People who complain about them are just looking for something to moan on about.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@RumChicken
They live in Japan, these swords were all used by Big Guys, it's no wonder they're big

iluvmen
iluvmen

@AwesomeTucker
Yes, thank you noses! Why can't this guy have done art design?

farquit
farquit

@girlDog
Hey. I fixed Saber. Now she's perfect.

Emberfire
Emberfire

@farquit
No bully!

RavySnake
RavySnake

@Emberfire
What're you gonna do about it?

girlDog
girlDog

@RavySnake
Post more saber pics until you give

5mileys
5mileys

@takes2long
Yes, he should have become this kind of hero.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpZWinrC5j8

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@Fried_Sushi
psycho

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

@TalkBomber
Does that mean that every harem MC suffers from the same problems ?

iluvmen
iluvmen

@Nojokur
Well
actually he should watch F/Z first. At the cost of a few VN spoilers, he'll have a much better experience going from Zero to UBW. the UBW anime was made assuming fans had watched Zero first (lots of referrences).

so yes, Zero first. He'll be okay.

but if you really want him to get the full experience tell him not to be a filthy secondary and to read the VNs.

TechHater
TechHater

@Playboyize
I wish Prisma Ilya had Ilyasviel stay Ilyasviel. And had archer not be turned into a little girl

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Someone please post that pic of Saber NTRing Kiritsugu while he doesn't care in the slightest.
She starts by holding hands then kissing then groping

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

I love the part in which Saber is like 'care about me' to Kiritsugu and holding onto his sleeve

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@Stark_Naked
Those doujins are really great, even though they're pretty out of character.

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content