If Gendo loved Yui enough to destroy the world as we know it then how come he...

SniperGod
SniperGod

If Gendo loved Yui enough to destroy the world as we know it then how come he fucked other women after she died?

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

responsibility's cool but there's more things in life

happy_sad
happy_sad

like getting your dick rode all fucking night

DeathDog
DeathDog

@SniperGod
Because in order to be with her again he needed to fuck other women.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@SniperGod
He was using them dumbass. This is flatly stated in the show.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@Stark_Naked
Those women would've done their jobs for the sheer love of it, getting dicked didn't do anything but sate Gendo's lust.

Methshot
Methshot

@Deadlyinx
Naw, he actually didn't gave a shit, but using sex as a means to control a woman that already has the hots for you is something Gendo would definitely would do.

Besides maybe if he rejected their advances they wouldn't be so loyal to him or maybe wouldn't have done half the shit they did for him.

StonedTime
StonedTime

@Deadlyinx
That's not how an abusive relationship works.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@SniperGod
Gendo used Ritsuko and her mother to advance his own goals.

Could also be argued that he tried to rekindle whatever he felt with Yui in other women, which ultimately failed, spurning him on to complete his duty to Yui.

@Deadlyinx
They all knew enough to realize that science for science's sake was a flawed concept with what they had discovered, and without the primal urges of having flings with Gendo they would have probably worked against NERV from the inside due to their conscious'.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

@SniperGod
Was Yui actually a crazy bitch?

Spamalot
Spamalot

@ZeroReborn
Pretty sure everyone in Eva is mentally unhinged. Isn't that the point?

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@ZeroReborn
She just though of the children too much.

likme
likme

@ZeroReborn
No she was the only not crazy one.

Best girl, too.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@ZeroReborn
Absolutely.
@Spamalot
Yui is significantly more insane than pretty much everyone in the show.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@Sharpcharm
Does that include Gendo?

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

Gendo's main desire is to be with Yui again, even if he has to fuck his way to do it

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@StonedTime
So you're saying the women liked being treated like cock sleeves?

@Methshot
@CouchChiller
This seems plausible.

What did they even see in Gendo? Did Ritsuko's mother just wanna get her crusty ass laid and Ritsuko has mommy issues so she goes and fucks her mothers former lover?

SniperGod
SniperGod

@ZeroReborn
Let me be the guinea pig for this incredibly dangerous and highly unethical science experiment

Yep, bitch was nuts. Probably only liked Gendo because he was rough in bed. Like throatfucking rough.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@likme
Best girl indeed, but pretty scary all the same.

FastChef
FastChef

@BinaryMan
Yeah. At least he was fucking people over for a more reasonable and relatable purpose. Also, he only bothered to fuck up a small group of people, as opposed to everyone.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@TalkBomber
protecting her son
that innate motherly, caring instinct that not even being turned into an Eva can stop
scary

It was beautiful, m8.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

@BinaryMan
Gendo is the only sane man on earth.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Wait, women? I must be dense as hell because I thought he only fucked blonde scientist?

RavySnake
RavySnake

@Dreamworx
No, it was everything ELSE about her that was scary.
@kizzmybutt
He also fucked the blonde scientist's mom

WebTool
WebTool

@SniperGod
Let me be the guinea pig for this incredibly dangerous and highly unethical science experiment
She knew exactly what she was doing and chose to stay in the eva. It's unclear how much of the subsequent events she foresaw, but she probably planned out everything outsmarting both Gendo and Seele.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@PurpleCharger
Gendo's main desire is to be with Yui again, even if he has to fuck his way to do it

That's dumb logic.

It's like your girlfriend going and fucking your boss because he threatened to fire you. It's still cheating.

takes2long
takes2long

@Garbage Can Lid
So you're saying the women liked being treated like cock sleeves?
No, I mean people can't be baited forever. Once in a while the one in control needs to deliver so the others can feel like their efforts are being accomplished and will endure whatever they have to do next.

We don't really know what Ritsuko's mom saw in Gendo, but Ritsuko herself feels like she has to continue her mother's life in her place.

askme
askme

@RavySnake
Wow that's hardcore, Shinji should learn a thing or two from his father.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@kizzmybutt
He did her mom too, before she went bungy jumping over the Magi.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@Garbage Can Lid
Ritsuko is getting on in her years and has resorted to cats to keep her company. This is most notable when she is discussing going to the wedding with Katsuragi. She also wanted to always one-up her mother, what better way than to 'steal' her man away from her?

Her mother probably was still in trauma from the 2nd impact. Combined with the working environment of Nerv, resulting in a restricted social life, she probably fell for the first man she got to know.

@King_Martha
It doesn't work that way when you're that deep in love, user.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@askme
Well as far as we know Gendo never took a dick up his anus so Shinji might not learn much from him.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@askme
Shinji is already like his father. All he needs is to convert his fear of the world in hatred.

WebTool
WebTool

@King_Martha
The love he felt for her was more than some hormonal release and display of sexual instinct, it was pure platonic affection to the point where he didn't mind melting their souls and coming together as one. And because of the nature of that transformation there wouldn't be any "cheating" at all, because you would become everyone, and you would technically have fucked everyone.

TreeEater
TreeEater

@WebTool
Gendo didn't want Instrumentality. He just wanted Lilith to pull Yui back out of Unit-01.

Evilember
Evilember

@LuckyDusty
It doesn't work that way when you're that deep in love, user

It does for me. If my gf fucked my boss so I wouldn't lose my job I'd probably murder her and him.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@lostmypassword
before she went bungy jumping over the Magi

You mean before Gendo shot her for killing babby Rei

MPmaster
MPmaster

@WebTool
You will never find your own Yui

eGremlin
eGremlin

@Evilember
That's kinda psycho user. What if she fucked your boss to save your life? Would you still kill her?

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@Harmless_Venom
You didn't watch the show apparently.

All these Eva-ruto fans, I swear.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

He was using Ritsuko and her mom

the real question is whether or not he also fucked the child clone of his wife

so nubile, so untainted... could he really resist?

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

If Gendo loved Yui so much, why was he so shit to her (and his) son?

takes2long
takes2long

@Gigastrength
the real question is whether or not he also fucked the child clone of his wife
Most likely not. As @WebTool
pointed out, his love for Yui was almost more of a platonic thing, not simple carnal desire.

iluvmen
iluvmen

@haveahappyday
S2 when?

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@takes2long
His love for Yui was carnal enough to create Shinji.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@VisualMaster
He wasn't shit to Yui. As for Shinji, he probably couldn't handle opening up to more than one person. Also, to some extent he might have seen Shinji as a competitor for Yui's affection.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@eGremlin
If they had a knife to my throat and they were raping her? Ok, I could forgive that.

If some mobster threatened to kill me if she didn't fuck him and I was in no immidiate danger? Fuck no, dumb slut is getting a bullet in the head.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

@Ignoramus
YOU didn't watch the show.

Babby Rei says to Ritsuko's mom that Gendo thinks she repulsive or whatever
Ri-chan's mom kills her in a violent rage
Gendo shoots Ri-chan's mom and stages a suicide

Inmate
Inmate

@VisualMaster
He loved both of them. Just before Yui erased herself from existence for the shake of Shinji's future. Then he had to choose between Shinji or recovering Yui.

At the end of EoE is showed that he regretted in part his choice.

Playboyize
Playboyize

@VisualMaster
You're a shitty person.

askme
askme

@VisualMaster
If they had a knife to my throat and they were raping her? Ok, I could forgive that.

But what if they weren't raping her? What if you had a knife to your neck, and the gangster told her to suck him and basically have sex with him herself while he didn't move an inch?

And what if the one threatened wasn't you, but her mom? Or your dog? Would you kill her then?

hairygrape
hairygrape

@haveahappyday
All of the blood is on the bottom floor. If anything, he pushed her, but there's really no evidence of that either.

WebTool
WebTool

@VisualMaster
@Sir_Gallonhead
As far as I remember he felt he didn't "deserve" Shinji's love. But throughout the series we see him take JOY in Shinji's suffering, so he comes off as a cunt who hates his son.

@iluvmen
Never, because otaku are shallow as shit.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@haveahappyday
Gendo shoots Ri-chan's mom and stages a suicide
Where did you get this?
There was no indication that it was anything other than a suicide.

girlDog
girlDog

@Inmate
He loved both of them. Just before Yui erased herself from existence for the shake of Shinji's future. Then he had to choose between Shinji or recovering Yui.
No he didn't. He's shitty to his son even when he doesn't have to be and doesn't show a fucking shred of affection toward him.
His "apology" in EoE is really just him explaining why he did what he did. He wasn't sorry about it.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

@Playboyize
Nah, my non existant gf is a shitty person for being stupid enough and spineless enough to fuck someone who threatened my life.

Someone says they'll kill my wife if I don't suck him off
Tell him to go fuck himself and kill him there and then or very soon after
Wife never gets killed and I never suck dick

It works the other way too. Wife gets threatened, she tells me, I kill the guy.

@askme
What if you had a knife to your neck, and the gangster told her to suck him and basically have sex with him herself while he didn't move an inch?
What in the fuck are you talking about?

And what if the one threatened wasn't you, but her mom? Or your dog? Would you kill her then?
Well, hopefully I would have a gf who had enough balls to be prepared to die than debase herself for some piece of shit.

SniperWish
SniperWish

@hairygrape
He had a gun in his hand

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@SniperWish
When? The only time Gendo has a gun is in EoE.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@haveahappyday
Well, hopefully I would have a gf who had enough balls to be prepared to die than debase herself for some piece of shit.
Yeah, you're a piece of shit. A person's "sexual purity" is not worth someone's life, especially not the life of someone you care deeply about.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@Raving_Cute
I specifically remember a shot of him standing there with a gun in his hand.

@Sharpcharm
It's not the sex that's the problem.

It's giving up. Giving up because you see no other way out so you do something you hate like suck a guy off because he threatened to kill you otherwise.

No. You bite off his dick then you choke him with it or you die trying.

girlDog
girlDog

@haveahappyday
Let's turn this around. Some woman gangster takes your wife prisoner and demands you fuck her or else both of you get killed.

Do you have enough balls to be prepared to die than debase yourself for some piece of shit ?

Methshot
Methshot

@lostmypassword
I specifically remember a shot of him standing there with a gun in his hand.
That was when he shot Ritsuko.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@lostmypassword
It was your life that was on the line you idiot. If she bites his dick off you get killed.

Which is apparently something both you and I would be glad to happen so I guess there's no longer any point to this conversation.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@Methshot
I guess I'm retarded then

Lunatick
Lunatick

@CouchChiller
It was your life that was on the line you idiot. If she bites his dick off you get killed.

You gotta die someday, life isn't worth living if you give in to the demands of every bully out there.

@girlDog
Do you have enough balls to be prepared to die than debase yourself for some piece of shit ?
I kill the gangster woman and rescue my wife or die trying, and my wife wouldn't have it any other way because that'd be the type of woman I'd marry.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Lunatick
Sounds like an argument I'd expect out of a teenager or kindergarten kid "nu uh my power lets me get out of your invincible box".

But choosing to die is a valid option I guess, although one I really doubt you would make outside the comfort of your chair and computer.

Methnerd
Methnerd

Which one, Sheeky Forums.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@Methnerd
Both

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@ZeroReborn
Crazy? No, just highly ambitious and slightly megalomaniac. Her goal was to become immortal and by the EoE she achieved not only immortality but also effective godhood since she now has Adam, Lilith, and the Lance of Longinus.

Skullbone
Skullbone

@askme
I really hate this "hate on Shinji" and "shinji should be more 'manly" meme because it shows that faggots don't understand his character or backstory and are obsessed only with a character they can use as a mary sue self insert.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@Deadlyinx
and thus invited their kisses

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@ZeroReborn
Does this look like the face of mercy to you?

Spamalot
Spamalot

@Stupidasole
implying he didn't get it on with Fuyutsuki

Flameblow
Flameblow

Because he is a man. And making women his sextoys was crucial to control them.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

but why does Yui look like Lilith hmmmmmmmmmmmm????

happy_sad
happy_sad

@iluvmen
@WebTool
aku no hana s2 is in the works now that mushishi is over, so said the director

just saying

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@Lord_Tryzalot
Bad waifus look alike. It was an artistic choice by Anno.

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content