So, after finally getting round to watching Code Geass, I finished it and the...

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

So, after finally getting round to watching Code Geass, I finished it and the ending really bothers me. One of Lelouch's main motivations was to create a world in which Nunnally could be happy, but in dying he prevents Nunnally from ever being truly happy as there will always be the void left by his death. So even though Zero Requiem was largely a success, he failed one of his core motivations and given how meticulous he was throughout the two seasons it just seems out of character that he would make such a mistake.

Opinions welcomed.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

This again.

Supergrass
Supergrass

So even though Zero Requiem was largely a success

Yep, nothing more peaceful than the collapse of a world-spanning empire. Can't see that one going wrong, no sir.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@PackManBrainlure
Before he died Nunnally thought he was evil and he knew that. The damage was already done in that respect. Her finding out about that everything he did he did for her wasn't part of the Zero Requiem plan.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

For a smart dude he was pretty dumb.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

@PackManBrainlure
1 notings wrong wid me
2 something got 2 giv
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Firespawn
Firespawn

@PackManBrainlure
but in dying
Lmao

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@Firespawn
Lmao
Hang yourself.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@PackManBrainlure
He's not dead you fucking retard

Watch the series more than 5 times and then form your shitty opinion, faggot. I do happen to be an expert on this topic.

Emberfire
Emberfire

@PackManBrainlure
Onions
The world will not stay peaceful.

Maybe the peace will last 1 year, 10 years, 100 years, 1000 years...

At one point something has to give.

(If you had a world goverment, all you would get is (big) civil wars if there are any disputes.)

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@PackManBrainlure
He messed up.

TreeEater
TreeEater

@PackManBrainlure
Lelouch's main character arc in R2 is about him learning that his duty is to more than just his sister. R1 ended with him throwing away his best chance because his sister was in danger, leading to the death and suffering of many of his allies. In R2 he begins to realize that in the course of his plans to help Nunnally he has gained a responsibility to look after the nation he's created as well as her, it's no longer just a tool to him and he actually cares about the people around him. This culminates in his faceoff with the Emperor when he pleads for a future for all humanity and accepts responsibility for its fate. As he said, the geass is a wish and he had been affected by humanities wish, which is proven when he uses his geass on her, effectively putting the success of his vision above even her.

FastChef
FastChef

@Boy_vs_Girl
Watch the series more than 5 times
I do happen to be an expert on this topic
I bet you have a C.C. body pillow and go on dates with your waifu like this faggot

Methnerd
Methnerd

@PackManBrainlure
Op is always, always a faggot.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@FastChef
Hey op,

Soft_member
Soft_member

@PackManBrainlure
Just remember this user

Lelouch was the driver

RumChicken
RumChicken

left by his death

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@Supergrass
They only gave back sovereignty to the Areas no? Britannia still has the whole western hemisphere. I got the impression that mainland Britannia was that.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

he's alive

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

@PackManBrainlure
But lelouch is still alive..

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@haveahappyday
Lelouch was never show smart, he was always tell smart.
The show told you he was smart and he'd give the "just as planned" treatment, but everything he actually did was really stupid, because the authors aren't very smart and can't write smart characters.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@FastChef
nemu
why when Kotori exists

Spamalot
Spamalot

@haveahappyday
sure he is buddy sure he is

farquit
farquit

implying he's not driving the wagon as we post

Firespawn
Firespawn

@Evil_kitten
Rewatched the show recently, for a large part of R2 Lelouch just used his literal "I Win" button to defeat other people.

Nojokur
Nojokur

@VisualMaster
implying I know who that is
implying I didn't just rip the most pathetic picture I could find off of google images

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@Firespawn
If you think it's just a matter of pushing a button, you really didn't watch the show.

Lelouch is a master of radically changing the battlefield to his advantage but usually this works because he's had time to prep.

For example, in R2, the BK was getting their collective asses handed to them by a single vincent while Lelouch was planting explosives.

Spamalot
Spamalot

@Harmless_Venom
taking the "I Win" button line literally
Are you baiting or are you really that retarded?

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@Emberfire
Well yeah they even point that out I believe (it's been years since i rewatched code geass) but I think they say even if it wont last forever the world will get a taste of true peace for once.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@Soft_member
that is a stupid thing to say.... CC locked him in her suitcase

@Spazyfool
Britannia is the north American continent I believe. Then the Areas they govern are spread through out the world

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content