How many times have you watched it?

Methnerd
Methnerd

I watched it at least twice a year when it was syndicated on Adult Swim/Toonami and now own it for myself; I've got to be in the early twenties. Watching it at my own pace; rather than week to week; was kind of like watching it again for the first time.

JunkTop
JunkTop

Once was too much.

Techpill
Techpill

@JunkTop
You just have shit taste user

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@Methnerd
Once and I regret it.

Playboyize
Playboyize

/co/

Emberfire
Emberfire

Once was enough, but I did watch the episodes with Pierrot a few more times. It's a decent show, but not that great. Americans hype the crap out of it though.

Nojokur
Nojokur

@Playboyize
Can't talk about it on Sheeky Forums
Can only talk about it on /co/ once a week
Using Sheeky Forums is suffering

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Emberfire
Mad Pierrot and Toys in the Attic were the best episodes

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

@Nojokur

There's an incredible amount of non written bureaucracy almost everywhere on Sheeky Forums.
It's a shit.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Nojokur
Stop having plebeian taste then

Emberburn
Emberburn

@Bidwell
Jupiter Jazz is my favourite one, but I admit that Mad Pierrot is an excellent episode

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@Methnerd
Once last year after putting it off for a long time. I used the dub for the first time in an anime in forever because of how dubbies hype over it. It was OK. I don't live in America so I couldn't watch it on Toonami. I did watch the movie like 10 years ago because it was on HBO or Starz, don't remember which.

Playboyize
Playboyize

@Garbage Can Lid
Liking anime that's not cute girls doing cute shit or self-insert makes you a pleb

Emberfire
Emberfire

@Methnerd
Once all the way through and I occasionally rewatch my favourite episodes.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Ditto for once

Don't really have any interest in doing so again. Bland characters, tries too hard to be stylish, has some little moments of greatness but overall is mediocre and forgettable

Felt the same way about Champloo but at least CB was pleasant enough to finish up, I just dropped Champloo I was so fucking bored

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@Playboyize
I watched Cowboy Bebop & Berserk now I can cast judgement over 50 years of anime which I haven't seen

Lunatick
Lunatick

I dropped it after 8 episodes and haven't tried it again. It was fucking boring.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Methnerd

Once, at the stream right after Moot left. That was an emotional way to get introduced to the series, but it was amazing.

FastChef
FastChef

@Sharpcharm
A fair enough opinion though I disagree, just out of curiosity can you name one anime title that you find interesting? Just for the sake of getting a better understanding of your criticism.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@Spazyfool
I can cast judgement over everything from 1978-Today you ass.

Illusionz
Illusionz

Once and it became a chore after a couple of episodes.
I just hate episodic shows so much. Mushishi is an exception.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Probably almost 20 times. It's been awhile since my last watch, but I'm waiting till I buy the BDs for the next one. All these years later and it's still one of my favorites.

Snarelure
Snarelure

Speak Like a Child>Cowboy Funk>Heavy Metal Queen>Jet episodes except BWFS>all

Skullbone
Skullbone

@FastChef
CCS is one of my favorites. Captivating world & characters, all the episodes are enjoyable and often have interesting solutions to the problems of capturing the card monsters. Speaking of which, the designs are top notch, everything aesthetically just looks great about that series

I also like Lain quite a lot, it again has the whole package although knowing the mystery does lessen its impact on repeat viewings. Same with any fiction that operates on gradually revealing a mystery though

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@Methnerd
Once. It was meh.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@Methnerd
I still haven't completed it. I've been on episode 4 for years.

When does it get interesting?

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@Skullbone
Oh yeah and MGX is a fantastic anime in its genre. Tsubaki and Urabe are fantastic leads, great supporting cast, beautiful music and visuals leading to an atmosphere of mystery while keeping a genuine warmth. Of course plenty of this is down to the original work, but Hoods really brought the story to life

Urabe's voice actor is fucking gorgeous, her voice is like purest honey

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@Burnblaze
It doesn't. There's like 5 story-driven episodes scattered around. Everything else is adventure of the day shit.
People who like this, like those things.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@Burnblaze
If you didn't like it after episode one you just won't.

TechHater
TechHater

@Sharpcharm
This.

The art is good, the music is good, the animation is good, the universe is cool but it's completely uninteresting.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@TechHater
If the universe was actually cool it wouldn't be so shit as it'd be more of a draw

Face it, it's just a bunch of stuff that should be cool thrown in because the creators had such a hard-on about this Hong Kong future feel

SniperWish
SniperWish

@Methnerd
Space Dandy was better in every way.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@Methnerd
3 times.

MPmaster
MPmaster

@kizzmybutt
I was there till I passed out around episode 7.

I'd seen it before though.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@Methnerd
Of the top of my head, at least twice.

Watching it for the third time now.

Its the kind of series you cannot repeat too often.

WebTool
WebTool

@Methnerd

Twice, once in english and once in japanese, I actually preferred the english dub. It was among the first 10 series I saw, now some 400 series later it's still among the best I've seen. I like to think of it as made out of jazz and cool.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

I've patched the dub once all the way through, and a few episodes here and there when I'm feeling it. I feel I should watch the japanese version to see what the "best english dub ever" compares to.

Snarelure
Snarelure

@Spazyfool
List some "good" animu that isn't bright shitty computer colors involving characters between the ages of 18 and 45.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

I thought it was the best thing ever about 10 years ago and watched it 10+ times.
Than rewatched it when moot was gone and realized that it´s not that special.
Sad anime face.jpg

Emberburn
Emberburn

Twice I think. It's been a while, would enjoy a third with someone. Listen to the soundtrack regularly though

WebTool
WebTool

Does anyone own the funimation BDs? I've been thinking about buying them but I don't know if they fucked up the encode like they usually do.

As for the OP, I haven't watched it that many times but it's one of the greatest TV anime ever made.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@WebTool
Nice marketing attempt faggot.

Inmate
Inmate

@SomethingNew
marketing attempt
fucked up the encode like they usually do

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Twice so far, gonna rewatch again in a couple of years, maybe sooner

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

I've seen pierrot le fou and boogie woogie feng shui like twice because I fucking hate those episodes.
Jupiter Jazz, Real Folk Blues, Ballad of Angels, and Waltz for Venus I've seen too many times to count.

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content