How have the Japanese managed to survive this long, and even produce 127...

w8t4u
w8t4u

There's an extremely light snowfall
Better stay inside for the rest of the day, or I'll instantly get a cold

How have the Japanese managed to survive this long, and even produce 127 million people, when the faintest breeze is apparently fatal for them?

All urls found in this thread:
http://strawpoll.me/5328162
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death
Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@w8t4u
breeding like rabbits during the summer also horrible writers

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

They're pussies manlets that can't handle extreme climates.

Hell, they even have over 100F on summer, but in my country it's literally fucking nothing.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Gee OP, I dunno. Maybe there are so many of them because they're cautious enough to stay out of trouble.

Lunatick
Lunatick

@Spazyfool
What is humidity.

Also, shit, I'd be afraid of snowfall too if I lived in houses with no fucking insulation or central heating at all like most of Japan.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@kizzmybutt

If a breeze is "trouble" for you, I don't see how you can manage to thrive no matter how cautious you are.

Snarelure
Snarelure

@Lunatick

But if that was the case, it would't matter whether or not he stayed in. He was specifically concerned about merely walking down the street to the grocery store. Does he not have a fucking coat?

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@Spazyfool
They're pussies manlets that can't handle extreme climates.
Oh, then how the people in Hokkaido can survive the cold there?
Also, I'm surprised why the people in another country have different endurance to the climate, how dare those people are different than you, right, tropical monkey?

happy_sad
happy_sad

manager goes to Sheeky Forums

http://strawpoll.me/5328162

Spamalot
Spamalot

But Japanese schoolgirls go out with skirts during the winter

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

New chapter when?

Inmate
Inmate

Why does Japan have so many weird myths about what gives you a cold? I'm pretty sure they know what fucking germs are.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

If you have a temperature of 99 in japan you get to stay home, fucking lucky.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

@Inmate
They have shit immune systems, more people die there from Colds than anywhere else in the world.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@w8t4u
Years ago, I went to Japan with my family. My dad caught a cold and it fucked him up pretty badly for the rest of the trip. Maybe there's more to it than we give it credit for.

hairygrape
hairygrape

@AwesomeTucker
People have to commute to their jobs or the doctor (to justify their absence) when they get sick, in one of the most populated areas of the planet, with a shitty mask as the only protection for the others, exposed to drastic changes in temperature and high levels of stress and overwork, which by themselves contribute to thousands of suicides each year. One of the many adverse effects of stress is the weakening of the immune system.

RavySnake
RavySnake

@Inmate

Basically @AwesomeTucker
There was this graph about deaths to common cold around the world compared to population, mostly the numbers were really low but for some reason the numbers were hundredfold for Egypt and Japan

Booteefool
Booteefool

Same reason people in South Korea believe you can die if you fall asleep in a room with a fan on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@AwesomeTucker
they eat nothing but carbs and oil
like, nothing.
i'm surprised the average japanese person manages to even function as a living animal with almost zero nutritional value in their diet.

Playboyize
Playboyize

@Booteefool
except someone at I company I used to work at in nipland died because they left the fan on one night during autumn when they had a fever. it's hardly superstition

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@Garbage Can Lid
They also eat fish.

TechHater
TechHater

@Carnalpleasure
you'd be surprised how little it constitutes though
less than a tenth of their diet and usually only after being deep fried.

Supergrass
Supergrass

@Playboyize
And I'm sure absolutely nothing else was involved and your little superstition is entirely valid.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@w8t4u
Wanting to run around in nuclear winter
It may have been decades already, but I still wouldn't step foot in there.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@Supergrass
well yeah, >had a fever
but what other country is there where the combination of a fan and a common illness would actually kill someone. Though you'd be right to say the bizarre part comes from a fairly young person dying of a fever at all then because a fan might have been a factor in the death

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@Garbage Can Lid
what is natto and miso soup.

Snarelure
Snarelure

@Playboyize
maybe you should write in to Lancet with your case study of 1 and see what they think of its scientific rigour

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Playboyize
died because they left the fan on one night during autumn when they had a fever.

Fairly certain cause of death was the underlying fever accompanied by other contributing factors, of which the fan was not considered significant. The moment a god damn fan simply being left on is conclusively linked to an actual death as a significant contributing factor is the same moment a glut of class action lawsuits get filed for fan death.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@Garbage Can Lid
Yeah, but virtually every soft drink you buy in Japan has like a million added vitamins

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@Inmate

Go outside
cool temperature does things on your body
your immune system is then compromised
catch a cold
you have no friends to call over to bring you soup
die in your bed like a little bitch

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@Spazyfool
100F on summe
but in my country it's literally fucking nothing
Are you a non american that uses fahrenheit? What the fuck man.

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content