Why didn't Archer do this to easily win the grail war?

Emberfire
Emberfire

Trace Caladbolg, Hrunting, and Rule Breaker
Duct tape them together to an arrow
Have a nuke that never misses and breaks servant contracts on hit

All urls found in this thread:
https://mega.nz/#!WxUUnIpD!0-_4wUxdFRs8DwxYYJuf91SU4npMKNJ7N63Qt0MGv8I
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B49crU71miHObWRvV2tDUllYTjQ/edit?pli=1
http://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/15377/
PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@Emberfire
The duct tape wouldn't be able to handle the air resistance and would melt.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Because there is no duct tape noble phantasm.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@Ignoramus
Implying the first ducktape every created wasn't the last noble phantom created.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@Emberfire
Why would Archer want to win the war when he knows the Grail is bullshit?

whereismyname
whereismyname

Because combined weapons a shit.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Both Archer and Lancelot were supposed to be broken as fuck. I wish Alternate Shirou from Illya will use Lancelot card one day.

hairygrape
hairygrape

@CouchChiller
I hope she uses a Galahad card.

The guy so overpowred that he was nerfed twice to make it more fair to everyone else participating.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

On heavens feel route and what day does shirou get archers arm and when does shit get real?

MPmaster
MPmaster

@Ignoramus
Because he still cares about Rin and Illya and wants to keep them safe. The shit he pulled off instead only put them in unneeded danger.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@Emberfire
Why do japs use three fingers to draw bows? shits retarded and can`t be good for accuracy

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

@CouchChiller
So how much will be the shitstorm if Miyu Shirou goes UBW against Sakuralot and either of them wins

farquit
farquit

@Raving_Cute
Actually, that looks closer to a mediterranean draw, the primary European style.

Which is odd, considering that to my knowledge, Archer's training is supposed to be rooted in kyuudo, so I wouldn't expect him to be using a draw that kyuudo doesn't support.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@ZeroReborn
The hype will overcome the shitshot, probably.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@farquit
implying the people who make this shit even put a tiny bit of thought into making things look even remotely realistic
Fate features some of the most retarded arms and armour designs in the history of anime.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@Emberfire

I'm laughing so hard right now. Thank you.

Soft_member
Soft_member

@Emberfire

I missed the entire point of Archer not giving a SINGLE fuck about the war

5mileys
5mileys

@farquit
Archer uses western archery for some reason.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

since this is fate thread, i want to ask does the shirou badass scene on ilya series happened in this season?

i dont follow illya series but that one page managed to grab me, IIRC it should be in this season

DeathDog
DeathDog

@5mileys
What with all that talk about archery being about killing yourself in Hollow Ataraxia, this seems like a very weird choice

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@MPmaster
Yeah, just like how he gave Rin to Shinji to keep her safe right?

askme
askme

@Deadlyinx
That's on Drei

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

@MPmaster
he still cares about Rin and Illya
He only wants to kill shirou. Hed let rin be raped and ilya die anytime if its part of his plan.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@5mileys

Same reason he speaks English to cast his spells. At some point he spent a while learning various forms of archery across the world, as well as picking up languages. He probably does these things in the Grail War specifically to disguise his true identity, as someone could figure out he's an Eastern hero based on his archery style if he used kyuudo.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@askme
next season? last season? sorry, didnt follow illya

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@Lord_Tryzalot
Next season

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@Need_TLC
If the creators gave no shits about accuracy or realism, I'd expect that we'd have seen a lot more stuff like western comics, where people who have trained in archery for decades don't know how to use a bow in the slightest.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@VisualMaster
alright

illya is like carnival phantasm lite, only started on current season though since last 2 season seems boring

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@lostmypassword
They gave no shits when it comes to arms and armour designs either.

hairygrape
hairygrape

@lostmypassword
He's also a dude that shoots faggots in the head from 10km distance.

I'm pretty fucking sure his form is unique, like himself.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@Raving_Cute
That does make sense. It's already hard enough to even peg a region to him when he fights with chinese swords, uses European weapons as projectiles, has a bow made of materials that don't exist in the world, and somehow always knows what your identity is. Good thing he's nice enough to not just pull your own NP or one that counters you every single fight or he'd be worse than goldie.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Fucking really?

StonedTime
StonedTime

@Emberfire
What didn't Shirou just project seven Holy Grails and make everyone happy?

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@Raving_Cute
thousand year old three fingered draw is incorrect
@farquit
@5mileys
If he's going to shoot the arrow off the ridge side of his hand, mediterranean draw is probably best. I like thumb releases better just for the feel of it, but to get accuracy I have to also change the side of the bow I shoot on, which usually means the bow blocks the image I'm targeting.
If he was going to be modern day combat archer, tho, I don't see why he wouldn't use some of the nice tricks like mechanical releases, compound bows, or even a simple bow or wrist sling

Skullbone
Skullbone

@SomethingNew
Modern day tricks have a bad habit of getting people disqualified for anything of value in the nasuverse.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@SomethingNew
Modern bows aren't made to handle swords being fired at excess of Mach 10. He probably had to keep it as simple as possible to ensure it could reliably handle the strain.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@Skullbone
Is that why kiritsugu had to lose?

eGremlin
eGremlin

@VisualMaster
wait, so there is 2wei and 2wei herz, which covers 2nd series and there will be drei for 3rd series?

Techpill
Techpill

@eGremlin
I'm not from the future, I don't know if Drei will get an anime. But yes, there are two seasons for 2wei.

farquit
farquit

@SomethingNew
Archer's bow is a NP I asume.

BY THE WAY, nobody ever said where the fuck did Archer's bow came from? I mean he has a lot of legendary shit but his bow is
generic bow #731
?

King_Martha
King_Martha

@Techpill
is the badass scene in start or end of drei? i dont want to wait drei 2nd season to watch it

Firespawn
Firespawn

@King_Martha
just read the manga fuckboi

DeathDog
DeathDog

@King_Martha
Middle to end, but the manga's still on-going. I think it could fit in a first season if Drei gets more than one, but that depends on how many chapters the manga gets and how much filler the anime decides to make.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@farquit
According to the moonrunes, it's name is just Archer's Bow.

It probably would have been an NP, but remember, NPs get their powers from legends and myths about the bow.

Not only does the bow not exist in modern day to be famous, the material the bow is made out of isn't either. So there was never any chance of it having NP powers in a modern day grail war.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

If all weapons traced by Shirou are one rank lower than their NP equivalent, why are they on par with Gilgamesh' version?

Illusionz
Illusionz

@farquit
It's his own futurebow from the future. Made from the same stuff as his armor and built to handle BP shooting. Nobody probably cared in-story since it's just a damn good bow and the legendary weapons were the ones fired from it instead.

Skullbone
Skullbone

@Crazy_Nice
Modern bows aren't made to handle swords being fired at excess of Mach 10

So weren't ancient bows. Mechanically modern bows are simply superior in design, there's no reason not to use one.

Evilember
Evilember

@Crazy_Nice
modern bows can't handle strain
It doesn't take us 2 years of layering bone&sinew to make high powered bows anymore, and they don't explode after after 10 years of use either. Alot of the little tricks that modern archers use aren't even fancy, it's things that a medieval archer could've done or made if they knew about it.
But yeah mach 10 sword flinging sounds like it needs an impractically simple design to accomplish

girlDog
girlDog

gil can sword spam most heros to death
archer says sword spam is useless when he can do it faster and use less mana in rm
explain this shit

Emberfire
Emberfire

@farquit
I think he probably just bought it off one of those fantasy arms ebay stores. It's like from the 4th conan movie in 2019

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@Skullbone
Archer uses one.

@PurpleCharger
@Illusionz

whereismyname
whereismyname

@girlDog
Gil's swords are stronger and he can prepare them more easily through GoB. Archer summon them more quickly while in UBW but outside of UBW it's not mana effective and it would be hard to sustain UBW long enough to actually kill anything with swordspam.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@Skullbone
But he is using a modern bow. It's just incredibly simple because most such gimmicks are useless in the face of shooting projectiles at greater force than a fucking railgun. Mechanical components or even slings would be impractical if not impossible at that level of force and would hinder Archer when he pulls his "raining arrows like full-auto fire" shit.

Firespawn
Firespawn

@King_Martha
Fateļ¼kaleid liner PRISMAILLYA [Hiroshi Hiroyama(KALMIA).zip 1.08GB
https://mega.nz/#!WxUUnIpD!0-_4wUxdFRs8DwxYYJuf91SU4npMKNJ7N63Qt0MGv8I

TechHater
TechHater

@girlDog
It doesn't, people would say
Nasu bla bla

But it simply doesn't make sense.
Also Sheeky Forums likes to bring it not working against top tiers like Cu, Arturia or Heracles but the thing is that those are a minory.

Archer can kill other servants with it, even more if he knows a NP that happens to be that heroic spirit's weakness.
It's utterly retarded saying he can't and Nasu just likes to downplay everyone so that they don't match Gil.

SniperWish
SniperWish

@Emberfire
Archer never saw Rule Breaker, he only knew about Caster's Noble Phantasm in Unlimited Blade Works after Rin told him.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@hairygrape
Wait, are we talking about Archer or Hawkeye?

Because Archer can only do his aimbot sniping from 4km away, I believe.

If you mean hawkeye, then you're blatantly lying. Between his 60lb draw bow, his mundane strength, and his often shorter than normal draw length (movie version is probably the worst about this), there's no way that an arrow could travel even a fraction of a single kilometer, even under wonky Marvel physics.

Evilember
Evilember

@SniperWish
Sure.
That's why Shirou can project it with Archer's memories in HF right?

Kill yourself faggot.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

@TechHater
@girlDog
Number of heroes killed by sword spam: Caster and Assassin. That's it. Any competent Heroic Spirit won't get killed by sword rain, whether Gil or Archer. Fucking Saber dealt with 50 swords at once in Fate, despite not even being at her best.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

@Ignoramus
What servant class would Red Green belong to?

Firespawn
Firespawn

@ZeroReborn
Saber
It seems that you didn't read
Also Sheeky Forums likes to bring it not working against top tiers like Cu, Arturia or Heracles but the thing is that those are a minory.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@ZeroReborn
caster assassin
rider, lancelot if he wasn't called off, beserker and alot of others if it wasnt muh pride

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@King_Martha
well duh you don't use a sling if you're going to rapid fire. You don't seem to really know anything about archery, do you? I wasn't even talking about mechanical components on the bow itself (except for the compound bow), but it's not like guns or cannon have mechanical components. Most of the "gimmicks" in modern archery have either greatly increased the bows strength itself, or just let us more smartly manage it's inherent power with less human interference

This conversation is inherently stupid, but now I'd like to see what the strongest bow we're capable of producing. Even if it has to be pulled by a tractor I'd like to see how fast a projectile can go without gunpowder.

JunkTop
JunkTop

@ZeroReborn
From the last fight in Fate. This is not what you call "dealt with", more like "survived by a sliver".

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@AwesomeTucker
I'd pay BD prices for a grail war between 90's pbs sitcoms

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@MPmaster
Archer barely remembers who he is. Even after he gets his memories back, he has lived for so long that the memories of the Grail have long faded. While some things probably stay in his mind, and Ilya is likely still important to him, I don't really think anything else is too pressing to him. He's been through worse shit since.
I believe even Nasu said that Archer's recollection of Rin is something like "oh, right, this girl is called Tohsaka Rin, isn't she?"

Methshot
Methshot

@farquit
I think it's for the same reason why he fights with two really short swords even though japs don't do it.

He probably picked it up during his travels.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@BunnyJinx
Rider went right through them, he was stopped by the chain. Beserker only had trouble because he couldn't move due to protecting Illya and Lancelot, I don't believe he would have died when Saber weaker than him endured a barrage of 50.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@DeathDog
At the beginning of the game, his memory was supposedly fuzzy due to an imperfect summoning, but in reality that was only partially true.

The night he was summoned (after Rin went to sleep), he assessed the present situation, figured out his circumstances, and concluded that the opportunity to complete his objective had at long last appeared.

However, he didn't realize the girl who summoned him was Tohsaka Rin until she introduced herself. (His memory wasn't fuzzy, the name "Tohsaka Rin" had simply been worn away by time.)

At that moment, it all came rushing back like lightning.

"Then I'll call you Rin. ...Yes, it suits you well."

Archer's murmur at that time was thick with a heartfelt and madly passionate affection.

idontknow
idontknow

@GoogleCat
Oops, meant to quote @Ignoramus

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Garbage Can Lid
You're the one who brought up the sling in the first place genius. You brought up mechanical releases too in addition to the compound bow. And honestly based on the sheer capacity of Archer's sniping abilities (and particularly the force of the arrows he fires), you should have realized all the shit you brought up would be fucking meaningless without having someone tell you and then trying to save face by pointing out something that would be crudely obvious to anyone but which I still felt the need to point out since you so clearly ignored when wondering why Archer wouldn't make use of it.

Firespawn
Firespawn

@GoogleCat
Archer's murmur at that time was thick with a heartfelt and madly passionate affection.

Where does this came from? I seriously don't remember it. Seems like fanfiction

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Firespawn
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B49crU71miHObWRvV2tDUllYTjQ/edit?pli=1

I've actually seen multiple translations of the quote, but it all boils down to mostly the same stuff.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@PurpleCharger
Underrated post.

I actually laughed.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@Harmless_Venom
worse than goldie.
you mean giggles?

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@Lord_Tryzalot
that's actually bullseye disguised as hawkeye

WebTool
WebTool

@Evil_kitten
My sides, i'm not a /co/ guy but Deadpool is amazing.

Illusionz
Illusionz

@Evilember
So you didn't read HF?

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Illusionz
I did.

Techpill
Techpill

No one will ever summon the heroic spirits of Wyatt Earp & Doc Holiday

Snarelure
Snarelure

@Ignoramus
No you dumb piece of shit. It was merely a ruse.
"Hey Rin my name is Shiro and in the future I bang your anus with the stockings off. I came back in time because of huge angst to kill myself."

girlDog
girlDog

@kizzmybutt
Then you should be aware of the fact that Shiro never projects things from Archer''s memories, same reason he can't use ubw. When he and Saner encounter Caster she has RB in her hand, which Shiro examines and tells Saber to watch out, same as he does in Fate.

StonedTime
StonedTime

@WebTool
yeah, never read a comic before cable and deadpool but it was great, would make a great tv series

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@Evilember
Well, remember, HF is the one where Shriou projects Excalibur, which I'm fairly certain is impossible to project.

There's many reasons why HF is the shit route that everyone pretends doesn't exist.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

@TurtleCat
Shitposting a nice thread

Why would you do that? I fucking hate you piece of shit.

We get ONE decent Fate thread per week and you shits always try to ruin it. Fucking kill yourself.

Supergrass
Supergrass

@happy_sad
I know I'm getting trolled, but

You don't understand what any of those devices do! People started using those devices and techniques (hint a sling is more of a technique than device) because that's what enhanced sniping abilities actually are!
You don't know what a mechanical release even is, do you?

RavySnake
RavySnake

@Ignoramus

trace Enkidu and chain them together

Evilember
Evilember

@Evilember
You're fucking retarded.

Shirou saw Rule Breaker the first time he went to the temple with Saber. He understood right away the curse of the Noble Phantasm. Based latent UBW.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@JunkTop
From time to time I rewatch that scene in the DEEN anime just to laugh a bit.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@Garbage Can Lid
DEEN anime is a bad adaptation, but that's why it's better than Fate route.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@Garbage Can Lid
It was like a "light shower" that did absolutely nothing to Saber.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Why is Archer, the coolest servant not given enough showtime? Even the plenty we had is not enough.

Why didn't he show himself tracing more cool swords other than caladbolg and those chinese swords?

farquit
farquit

@TurtleCat
You get to see a bit extra of him in the other routes. He's also a playable main servant in the Fate/Extra games.

FastChef
FastChef

@Emberfire
M A N A
A
N
A

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@AwesomeTucker

Rider.

He literally made a canoe out of duct tape one time.

SniperWish
SniperWish

@ZeroReborn
http://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/15377/
Can't wait for the BDs to get rid of the dimming

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

@SniperWish
Seriously, I loved that scene, but fuck the broadcast dimming.

Just a month or so away.

FastChef
FastChef

@Ignoramus
Why would Archer want to win the war when he knows the Grail is bullshit?
He doesn't.
@MPmaster
Because he still cares about Rin and Illya and wants to keep them safe.
True, but that has nothing to do with wanting to win the war.

@Need_TLC
@ZeroReborn
@Ignoramus
See above. He still cares about Rin/Illya. Even anime casuals like you guys would have noticed that he could snipe Illya's magecrafts to save Rin, but wouldn't go as far as to snipe Illya herself.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@MPmaster
Archer will never save Ilya from Doctor Gil

WebTool
WebTool

@Ignoramus

This is how it works, as I understand it. The answer to the question "What does Archer remember about the the 5th Grail War, or even his life as Shirou?" changes depending on what fact you're talking about. Because the truth is, Nasu probably doesn't know himself, nor has he likely ever sat down and made a chart titled "What Archer Knows and When He Knows It". Rather, Nasu simply suits the facts to meet his needs.

For example, he apparently has only vague recollections of the Grail war, like he moment he summoned Saber, but he talk about Shirou as if he understood his feelings with perfect clarity when he accused him off hypercritically imitating Kiritsugu and never taking any real joy from saving others (because "muh survivor's guilt")---but how can he remember what Shirou's emotions regarding saving people are in this world, if he doesn't remember shit about being Shirou. Recall that he should know that there are a potentially infinite number of worlds to which he could be summoned as a servant, and given the variety, there are probably some worlds where Shirou got over his survivor's guilt and learned to enjoy saving people.

So here we can see Archer's memories bending in such a way as to serve the plot. There are other examples of course. Now, note that I'm not saying Nasu is a hack---any fantasy or sci-fi author who allows the concept of time travel and/or parallel worlds is always going create some contradictions. They only become a problem when they get too big for you to enjoy the story without thinking about them.

girlDog
girlDog

@WebTool
So can he project duct tape that's strong enough or can he not?

SniperGod
SniperGod

@girlDog
He's not a creator, he's only a copy machine.
So unless he came across some legendary duct tape, no.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@WebTool
I think the best answer is that depending on how far Archer digs in a route into remembering shit about his past and stuff, the more he recollects, kind of just like normally jogging your memory.

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content