Billy Bat Thread Chapters 139-140

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Anime when?

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

An anime would be great for this series. Between the way Urasawa draws his characters and the comic book sections there would be a great visual contrast. There's so many good moments in this series too. Kennedy assassination arc when?

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@kizzmybutt
Oh god did the bat cause 9/11?

w8t4u
w8t4u

I think a Pluto anime is more likely considering Maruyama's interest in it and that french-japanese Astro Boy reboot that's happening.

Emberburn
Emberburn

@w8t4u

I'm cool with that

SniperGod
SniperGod

I kinda want a Pluto anime. It wasn't too long either.

iluvmen
iluvmen

@Crazy_Nice
Well from the way it played out it was less "he caused it" and more "he prevented the casualties to decrease".

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@PurpleCharger
Honestly even with 9/11 happening the only chapter that seems to be a potential issue of obstruction is fire in the deep south. 9/11 itself was a bit of a buzzkill, though 140 was a lot better. Got the whole view of an America divided great.

Supergrass
Supergrass

@SniperGod
Yeah 20CB is too long and Billy Bat is too far from being complete, and really long. Pluto would make a great 1-cour.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@Supergrass

I actually wouldn't mind a 20CB anime. Those live action movies are fun and all, but you don't really have time for all the small details and characters that made the manga great. Probably never going to happen anyway I suppose.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

What will be next? There aren't many big things that happened after 911 considering it was only 12 years ago. Unless Urasawa can predict the future he will either play with time and make an arc that takes place somewhere in the past again or no more historical arcs and just plot.

FastChef
FastChef

@GoogleCat
*12 = 14
Why the hell did I think it was 2013 now?

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@GoogleCat
bin laden death.

WebTool
WebTool

@GoogleCat
Well ma be interesting if it concludes on something that wont happen. Couldnt save Kennedy, couldnt stop 9/11, maybe WW3? A theory me and my coworker had is that it may be related to the whole 2012 apocalypse. Could explain why in every other dimension on the multiple worlds theory every other Earth doesnt exist.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@Methnerd
IT's one of those mangas that would lose impact if you skimmed over the character development so you'd have to keep all if it in.

Meaning it would be way to fucking long of an anime.

likme
likme

@WebTool
Could explain why in every other dimension on the multiple worlds theory every other Earth doesnt exist.
Wasn't Einstein talking about the present when he said that?
It seemed like there never was another earth.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

20CB got gimped as it progressed. Became meandering, totally uninteresting, etc. One got the impression he did not know where he was going with it. Billy Bat is approaching that now unless Urasawa drops some big explanations about the bats.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@likme
He was saying what the bat relayed to him. And with the bat who honestly knows what can be interpreted as truth.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@Crazy_Nice
Something about the length of the monster anime could probably do it. One thing that can be said for that series, it certainly had room to breath plot wise. Though I doubt there's many studios leaping at making something like that.

@WebTool
A 2012 apocalypse arc would be great, seems like a fitting way to end a series that's all about blending historical fact with fiction. I'm excited to see what happens next anyway.
Still waiting on the no doubt Kenji-esqe return of Kevin Yamagata

JunkTop
JunkTop

@kizzmybutt
That fucking piece of shit bat, I knew he was a terrorist.

MPmaster
MPmaster

I want it to get an anime just to see the reactions when Kevin dies.

FastChef
FastChef

@SniperGod
Masao Maruyama (Madhouse/MAPPA) has always wanted to do a Pluto anime but could never find people willing to fund and invest.

massdebater
massdebater

@FastChef
but could never find people willing to fund and invest.
Damn. What's with the manga publishers, most anime are made to boost manga sales.

Firespawn
Firespawn

@MPmaster

Aw man

But I got no one to blame but myself

King_Martha
King_Martha

@MPmaster
Well I'm still waiting for when we see him again in the manga since apparently he's still kicking.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@TalkBomber
I feel like this is probably about to happen. The whole good bat bad bat thing seems to have taken the spotlight with the bat trying to trick Kevin to make him think 9/11 isnt going to happen in New York.

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content